Is something wrong?

Nervousdad2be

Reaction score
My wife and I found out that she is pregnant about 3 weeks ago, as far as we can work out she is now about 7 weeks. Of course we both got all excited and have been out and bought the travel system, nursery furniture etc

She has been having morning sickness for a couple of weeks but in the last few days she has been feeling ok, today she has told me that it feels more like period pain cramps and a feeling like cystitis, is there something wrong or is this normal?

First of all congrats to you both!! Morning sickness can come and go during the 1st few months!! I had afew days where I felt fine then it came back even worse :( cramps are also very common in early pregnancy as everything is stretching!! If you are overly concerned though contact your midwife!!

Thanks for that, I feel a bit more re-assured, looking around the www it seems there is no single answer, everyone seems to be different, so I guess we will just have to find our own way, although if it does get worse we will be off to the GP.

Funnily enough we don't have a midwife yet, when the other half called the docs they said come in when you think you are about 8 weeks, and asked us which hospital we wanted to go to.

I was told to see my gp if I had any concerns till I saw the mw at 9 weeks. Period type cramps r normal in 1st trimester,usually a good sign that everythings stretching and growing...contact gp if pains r constant,extremely painful or wiv bleeding xxx congrats btw xxx

Thanks Emmamb

I've done a bit more researching and apparently cystitis during preganancy is really common, something to do with pregnancy hormones affecting the urinary tract.

I guess as it's our first I am goingto be on edge all the way through, but I suppose thats to be expected, I'm just over the moon :)

Congrats to you both, blimey you were excited to go out and get kitted out already, Well done!
Save some baby spending to do later when it seems really real tho... (I haven't brought a thing yet)

yup agree with the other girls, and lots of the girls on here have got urine infections while pregnant, they sometimes seem to reoccur so just keep an eye on it to detect anymore before they grab hold.

Enjoy your 9 mths X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back