is my tests good for 5 weeks pregnant or shall I worry

FreakOutRach

Reaction score
Hi guys , my last period was on the 19th of May 2016, i am very irregular with my periods (always have been ) so no clue when I really ovulated but i felt very turned on around 6th of June to 9th of June when I had sex every night , got a negative pregnancy test on Sunday the 12th of june but then 2 faint faint positives on clearblue plus on 16th of june , did a clearblue digital on the Saturday 18th which came back pregnant one to two weeks , since then been doing stick tests which have gradually got darker but nowhere near as dark as control line which worried me , (altough a futher clearblue plus on the Monday the 19th showed quite dark , since then to today the stick tests have stayed the same colour , i went into hospital yeturday with Brown bleeding which has calmed down today they took my bloods and have me a HCG reading of 85 and i have to go back In 3 days for another test , just womdering when does the test line go as dark as control ( what HCG level) and does everything sound ok ? Very worried it will end in miscarriage.cheers all

The progression on the tests look really good. Those tests take ages to get a dark line so I wouldnt worry too much about that. If you want to see a darker line maybe try a FRER. An hCG of 85 is low for 5 weeks. It would make more sense for 4 weeks or so. If your cycles are not very regular it seems quite likely you are just a few days behind 5 weeks. Really the important thing is to see the numbers going up as they should with your next results.

My periods are always late so very hard to know when exactly I ovukayed as I never took tests etc. But yes I think is 4 weeks and 4 days or so but like you said I could have ovulated later , that's the annoying thing with irregular periods , hopefully thrsdays blood tests show HCG of 170 or above to show it's doublig

All the best for Thursday. Keep us updated.

I will do , i will also post a piccy of tomorows FMU test, always nice to have opinions from others :) thank you for taking the time to read my post and replying

Hope the tests progress for u - looks good at the moment xx

The test from this morning (bottom one) still no where near as strong as control , maybe my levels arnt doubling after all :(

Attachments

• 20160622_054737.jpg
    20160622_054737.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 17
And this one guys , surely if HCG was now doubled (170) this test would be as dark as control line by now

Attachments

• 20160622_063345.jpg
    20160622_063345.jpg
    498.9 KB · Views: 17
Darkness of tests aren't an indication of how well your levels are going up our how well your pregnancy is going.

Don't stress yourself out analysing lines hun.

Try and just wait until your bloods on Thursday and fingers crossed they will have doubled.

I'm a serial tester and constantly analyse lines even though I know it's totally pointless! Can't even follow my own advice!! Lol!

Good luck hun and I've got my fingers crossed for you.

XX

My last three pregnancies have all ended in mc unfortunately.

My first hcg draw with my last pregnancy was 314 but the test lines were not all that strong on the cheapie tests but were much better on a frer. My digi said 1-2.

My second and third pregnancies were missed miscarriages and I had super strong lines like darker than the control line. Even after baby had stopped growing my tests were really really dark and getting darker.

I'm not saying this to frighten you and I'm not saying you will mc, only to highlight that tests really don't give any kind of indication as to how a pregnancy is progressing. I know of a lady on here (her name escapes me) whose digital test never progressed beyond 2-3 but she had a perfectly healthy pregnancy.

I've spent so long analysing tests lines and seeing if they're progressing but it really is pointless. She says with eight frers in her cupboard!! Lol!!

You'll have a much better idea of how things are going after your second blood draw.

XX

That brand of tests really do take ages to go dark. My lines still looked that but on a FRER they could hardly have gotten darker.

The last batch of cheapies I got were so faint, even the control line was really faint too.

XX

That's brill I agree those cheapies can just be faint mine never went super dark.
Also before AF was even due the clear blue strips were way darker than the cheapies so yeah not always really great to compare lines.

Hope your feeling relieved now :) xx

I am indeed :) I have to wait a week now then levels should n over 1,000 then they are gonna scan me but didn't expect levels to raise that much in 2 days

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back