Is mid cycle spotting normal after mc

platypus

Reaction score
Hoping that the ladies here can reassure me that what is happening to my body post mc is normal.
I was pregnant last year but the 12 weeks scan showed that the baby stopped developing at around 8 weeks. The next day on 21st November I undertook medical management for the miscarriage. At the time I had heavy bleeding but only for a short length of time and would say the bleeding from about day 2 post mc to about a week later was light to at times spotting.
The wait until the next period is a horrible and stressful time but AF came 4 1/2 weeks later on Xmas eve. I suffered lots of cramps on the day AF arrived and in the week preceding it. I normally have no cramps with AF but have been trying to keep in mind post mc that there really is no normal and to not stress out if things are different.
I have then assumed that my next cycle should be relatively normal. However I am experiencing some spotting and brown discharge at the moment and am yet to ovulate (I have been using OPKS the last few days). At first (CD8) if was a pinkish tinge when wiping (sorry TMI), but then the next day it was a little spotting, but didn’t need a liner. This morning (CD10) there was no sign of spotting and we DTD, but a few hours later I noticed I was spotting again but this time enough to need a liner. This spotting is really worrying me as it is not something I have ever had before. Is this common after MC? should I be worried? do other ladies experience mid cycle spotting?
Really hoping for some reassurance. Thanks and sorry for the long post.

Hiya, sorry to hear about your mc.

I had a mc in early June and my cycles still aren't back to normal. I don't have spotting but my cycles have become very long and erratic. It can take a few cycles to get back to normal, I think mine are the exception to the rule and it doesn't usually take this long. Have you got a follow up appointment at all? I'm back to the fertility clinic in Feb (nearly 9 months after mc) if things weren't back to normal and as I'm now on my longest cycle since mc I hope they will be able to do something to help me out as it has clearly screwed up my body :(

Thanks snowbee, its good to know that its not uncommon for things to be messed up for a little while afterwards and there is nothing wrong. I don't have any follow up appointments with the hospital once they were happy that every thing had mc'd and didn't want to go to the GP if it was common for cycles to be disrupted post mc. will see how I go for a couple of cycles and if it doesn't settled down go to the GP then.

I saw your other thread and can't imagine how you are feeling with your due date coming up. I am finding it difficult not being pregnant so soon after the mc. I don't think there is anything I could say to make you feel better but FX you will fall pregnant again soon.

I feel so frustrated at the moment. The spotting turned heavier today and I would describe it more like a light period - enough to stop BDing and this is the week that I am meant to be fertile :-( The OPKs the last 2 days have shown up a second line (the day before that was just the control line) but not as dark as the control so i think i am yet to ovulate. Hopefully the bleeding will stop in time to BD at least once in the fertile period so we at least have a chance. I think I feel more frustrated as I have no idea why i'm bleeding.

Thought I would update this thread with the good news that I got my BFP! Turns out I must have ovulated super early for for me and had quite strong ovulation bleeding. Am 3+2 weeks post lmp so fx its a sticky.

Ah congrats i just finished my first af since mc in dec so hoping i am as lucky x

good luck Carla, it really is a horrible time - I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Fingers crossed for you this cycle.

I'm currently on cd18 after my early miscarriage on September 27th. I only bled for 6-7 days. Dh and I have bd every two days since the bleeding stopped. I'm sure I ovulated 3 days ago. I am now having a brown thick discharge. This is my first miscarriage and I can't seem to find any answers. Can anyone help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back