Is lying on your back safe?

x.Lilly.x

Reaction score
When I was pregnant with my son I got told that after 20 weeks you shouldnt lay on your back as baby is becoming heavier and could press on your vital organs and cause problems.
This pregnancy Ill go to sleep on my side and wake up in the middle of the night on my back, go back to sleep and wake up again in the morning on my back.
Its not very comfy and ill wake up and isntantly roll over, but is it harmful?
She hasnt kicked alot today and all last night I think I laid on my back, now Im worrying its hurt her in sum way from lying so much on my back?

I've slept on my back the whole way through. I used to go to sleep on my side but wake up on my back but now I find it too uncomfitable to sleep on my side so go straight to sleep on my back!!

Dont worry I checked about this with the consultant and he said lying on back will push pressure on ur back bcz of the weight on stomach and make it uncomfortable for u so u will change the position ur self..it does not effect the baby..

Ive been worrying bout this for days.
I even went n spent £45 on a maternity pillow cos I was told laying on bk would cause the bby to lay on major blood vessels but I always wake up on my back n its scary. Even tho bby is always kickin n punching away lol

i have like 10mins on my back every night whille i watch the baby have a party lol but lastnight i went to sleep on my right side and wasnt comfy at all so fell asleep on my left woke up on my back

on my back is the most comfy, i dont really worry about anything to be honest, so gonna keep doing so as its sometimes the only way i can sleep! x

I'm gonna take a leaf out of ur book hun. N try not to worry about anything unless there is a reason too

I just seem to feel sick if I lay on my back, not sure what that is!
XxX

I try not to sleep on my back as following day I pay for it as I am breathless most of the time now that I am bigger, I try the left but my hips hurt soooooo much

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back