Is it wrong to feel like this?

busymummy

Reaction score
In my 1st trimester I was so sick and had hardly any energy, meaning I couldn't do much with my daughter. I was just starting to feel better, but have been in pain for a few weeks. I am now 19weeks and 6days pregnant, and although I am excited to be having another baby, I really am not enjoying being pregnant. Don't get me wrong, I love feeling him moving and kicking, but I am in so much pain. My back and hips hurt, and sometimes the pain goes down my legs too. I also have a urine infection, which is causing discomfort, and I am struggling to sleep at night as I can't get comfortable. My sister is TTC, with not much luck, and tries to make me feel guilty if I complain about my symptoms. I feel for her and know it must be hard for her to see me pregnant, but just because I chose to have another baby, I don't see why I should have to pretend to enjoy the journey between conception and giving birth. Does anyone else feel this way? x

Sorry you arent enjoying our pregnancy, but if you are in pain, then it is perfectly reasonable to feel this way.
Im sure lots of women dont particularily enjoy the experience, lets face it, its not always easy!
Dont beat yourself up about it, just do what you can to make it easier on yourself and focus on the beautiful lo you will have at the end of it.
And if you feel like moaning then damn well moan, I havent met a pregnant woman yet, who gets through the full 9 months without having a moan now and then!

I totally understand that you are suffering hun, however I think it's best to tone it down if you know it is upsetting your sis who is struggling to conceive.

By all means have a moan to friends, other family members and OH but if you know it offends someone then it's probably best to hold your tongue, purely to keep the peace!

xxxxxxxx

I get days like this too. I'm still being sick occasionally, which doesn't help.
I just can't wait for baby to be here and for my body to be back to normal :)

sorry u are not enjoying it hope it picks up for u soon x

Hiya, sounds a bit like spd with the hip pains & also it going down your legs. Have a word with your MW & she can refer you to physio. Hope it gets better too. I have spd and am hating being pregnant too. Kicks & stuff are lovely but not this PAIN!! Xx

I going to be so honest, I have HATED every single moment of being pregnant - apart from the private scan I had when I found out my LO's flavour. Every other scan I have hated as I have found them painful. Although I have probaby been sick a grand total of 6 times during this pregnancy, I hate the nausea that went with it in Tri 1. I hate the fact that I feel tired all of the time, I hate that I can't eat what I want, I hate that my back is killing me all of the time. I hate being centre of attention at work, I hate people touching my bump, I hate the fact that I can't turn over in bed without making barn animal noises - and the same everytime I stand up or sit-down. I even hate how it feels when LO moves. I hate EVERYTHING!!

And breath...

Having said all of that, I would do it a million times over for my baby. I am so excited and impatient to meet her :) My OH's Mum told me I should see my Doctor as I could be heading for post-natal depression seeing as I have all these "negative feelings" about the baby. I snapped back that I don't have negative feelings towards my baby, just feeling like shit all of the time. I don't think there's anything wrong with feeling like we do - I bet it's a million times more difficult for you seeing as you have a little girl to chase around all day on top of feeling crap.

Echoing what the other girls have said with regards to symptoms, I'd get it checked out with your midwife. Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Thank you Cherry.Glitter glad to know I'm not alone with this! Although I hope you feel better soon too! I'm the same in that I can't wait to have my wee bundle in my arms, I love him so much already. Just wish I could fast forward through all the yuckiness! Spoke to midwife yesterday and she put me under strict instruction to rest, but with a 3year old running around, and my OH working long hours, it's just not an option really. Having a wee rest just now but won't be long before I need to get back to the housework. Also I bought a pregnancy pillow yesterday, had a much better sleep last night, really helps x

Definitly know how you feel, i still have morning sickness i have been housebound since becoming pregnant due to pregnancy related illness's, i just cant wait to have this pregnancy over and done with and just have my boy in my arms, my first was the most amasing pregnancy and i could of been pregnant forever but this one i have hated every moment due to so many problems. I cant stand up to long due to dizzyness, severe headaches that affect my vision, constant morning sickness which has calmed down but is still there, i miss my work as i dont work much any more, doctors and hospital are now my second home, and my anxiety has gone through the roof, very bad pain in my lower stomach and back nightmares and i can hardly breathe, last night was so bad that i was being sick shaking and in so much pain and not able to breathe at the same time for about an hour i nearly called an ambulance... I feel guilty about moaning about the pregnancy because so many people would to be in my position but its just the pregnancy i hate and couldnt love my baby more xx

Thanks so much for raising this.....I am not enjoying being pregnant at all and especially thanks to cherry glitter as I totally relate to what you're saying. I find it very difficult to talk to anyone about it as everyone seems to thi k you should love being pregnant and it's almost like you're doing something wrong if you don't!!
As a result over the last few weeks I have totally got myself into a black miserable hole, not helped as oh has been working away for the last 3 weeks (back tomorrow phew). I have so much to look forward to (like the two of us going off to get secretly married this Saturday!) and I don't feel negative about the baby, but some days I really feel depressed about all the pregnancy stuff.

Can't wait for the next 20 weeks to go to be honest, really hope you feel better soon too xxxx

Group hug everyone!! :hugs:Hope everyone feels better soon...and I hate wishing my life away but I hope the last 20 or so weeks for everyone flys by quickly!!

Wow Island!! Secret marriage! That is so exciting! Good luck for Saturday! :)

Hiya, it took me nearly 2 and a half years to get pregnant with this one (no.3!) and yet i'm struggling with the happy feelings your meant to feel too!! I feel un sexy, fat and lumpy and for some reason i'm wishing the pregnancy to hurry up which is mad as my other two bumps I missed soo much when they werent there any more!!!! Guessing it's to do with hormones etc as not sure what else it can be even when your happy about actually having a baby! Your not alone and hopefully as time goes on it will get a bit easier and the happy hormones will take over! Good luck. xxx

I really hated my last pregnancy for exactly the same reasons as all you lovely ladies have given - suffered with 24-7 sickness for 12 weeks, ended up in hospital on drips, constant aching and fatigue, you named it I moaned about it lol. I know that for us this will almost definately be our last baby so I'm trying to make a conscious effort to enjoy every second, which I am so far.

The only thing that is bothering me is the guilt I feel over my 2 boys (7 and 2). They have had to watch me being sick every day for the past 9 weeks, if I sit down on the sofa for more than 10 minutes its a battle to keep my eyes open, I've always been really conscious about them eating the right foods and the absolute lack of energy plus the fact that the mere sight of most foods makes me sake atm means they have eaten more fishfingers in the last few weeks then they have they're whole lives lol! Really looking forward to getting some energy back and feeling a bit more like myself. Big hugs to everybody xxx

Good luck for Saturday Island - how exciting!!! xx

The only thing that is bothering me is the guilt I feel over my 2 boys (7 and 2). They have had to watch me being sick every day for the past 9 weeks, if I sit down on the sofa for more than 10 minutes its a battle to keep my eyes open, I've always been really conscious about them eating the right foods and the absolute lack of energy plus the fact that the mere sight of most foods makes me sake atm means they have eaten more fishfingers in the last few weeks then they have they're whole lives lol! Really looking forward to getting some energy back and feeling a bit more like myself. Big hugs to everybody xxx
xx

I know what you mean. My daughter (who is 3 tomorrow) was basically living off tins of spagetti for my 1st trimester! I had no energy to do anything! The house was always a tip, we spent 3months in bed watching dvds, and I basically only got out of bed to feed her, or to be sick. She was so good though giving me cuddles and teddies lol. I'm not so bad with sickness now, still pops up here and there but at least it isn't 24/7. And I have enough energy to get out of bed and run the house as normal now. It's just the dizziness, faint feeling and pain now, which still sucks, but at least I'm managing to get out and about with my girl now.

Hopefully all our pregnancies will all fly by, and we can start to feel a wee bit normal again. And it's good to know if we need a wee rant about how we are feeling we can now do so with each other without being judged :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back