• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is it normal to still feel bad??

crystabell

Reaction score
I am halfway through my pregnancy today but instead of being really excited and happy I feel worse than ever. I have had sickness since being 6 weeks pregnant and I vomit sometime 5-6 times a day. It was dying down and then since the weekend it has all came back again.

I am also having really bad headaches and I think a lot of that is to do with me not getting sleep in the night. I am constantly waking up and cannot get back to sleep.

I have spoken to the docs but they just say its 'expected' to be sick and would not prescribe any medication. I have also spoke with my midwife a couple of weeks ago at my appointment but she said that at this stage it should have worn of and the symptoms may be pschological i.e. I am making it up and cos I think I am ill then I feel ill! Although I am not making myself be sick as I hate having to be sick in the first place.

I just wondered if it was normal as I am a bit worried about the little one and I can't shake the sickness. I am being off work a lot too and feel like they are putting a bit of pressure on me to get back into work asap. Sorry for the rant.

Hiya!

I can totally sympathise with you. Although I am not physically sick, nor have I been throughout the entire pregnancy (I always felt sick), I understand how it feels to be feeling so crappy.

I've also felt sicky and had a bit of an upset stomach this week and have honestly put it down to the current growth spurt between weeks 17-20. Perhaps that's why you feel the way you do too? I was starting to feel good and wham! It's hit me like a ton of bricks. Crying all the time and generally feeling low.

Your headaches, could be, related to not sleeping or even stress if you are feeling stressed? Forget work, tell them to stick it (I know that's easier said than done though and I feel for you in being pressurised by them!). You and your baby are the most important thing and they should understand that.

Headaches can also be caused by backache oddly enough. I didn't know that until I read it in a magazine last week.

I hope that you start to feel better soon. Seems there are a few of us around 18-20 weeks feeling a bit rubbish right now. :hug: :hug:

Thanks for your reply, these are for you too:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I didn't know that headaches could be related to back pain too, I had really bad pains in my lower back over the weekend that wouldn't shift. I need to stay in work at the moment for the pay I just can't wait until the Maternity leave period starts. I just wish that they could have some kind of leave earlier in pregnancy too as this is when I am feeling the most crappy.

I just can't wait for the scan as I feel left alone at the moment and just want to know that the little one is doing okay. Have to wait a until a week on Tuesday it feels so long away. I bought a doppler from Argos but it was rubbish, think I will have to get a better one or rent one so that I can hear the little one and I know he / she is still there.

xxx

The doppler has been a godsend for me, I have to admit. I think I would be at the Drs every week if I didn't have that.

I can recommend the Hi-Bebe 200 (Hi Bebe BT200 LCD, Fetal Doppler - http://www.hi-baby.co.uk/acatalog/Doppl ... lAodGCgCvw

Very expensive on that site but you can get them on ebay for around £60 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hi-Bebe-BT200-LCD ... dZViewItem and http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search. ... age=search)

It's really good! Picked up the HB from 13 weeks!

If you ever want to chat, just holler. I'm online a lot as I work from home. DO yu have MSN or AIM etc? :)

headaches are a pregnancy symptom too... i've been having seriously evil ones (when you can't move for the pain and they last for 6 hours or more) since 5 weeks. paracetamol doesn't touch them - only lying in a dark room... :( they're easing off a little now though - more like 1 a week than 6 or 7...

huge sympathy hon - your gp and midwife don't sound too helpful... :hug: :hug:

Thanks for the links I will have to have a look at them. I get paid next week and will be getting some baby things so I will see if I can get a doppler. I think it would put my mind more at ease as it will show that the little one is still there.

My MSN address is: [email protected]

I am usually online a lot as I have been off all week with sickness lol

xx

I'll add you now and speak to you tomorrow! Off for a nice bath now :D

I know, I have been wanting to go back to the docs to see if there is anything they can suggest but I haven't bothered as I will probably just get the same answer. Really looking forward to the scan now though as they will check the baby and then I will know if everything is okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back