Is it true you can tell the sex on the first scan??

crystabell

Reaction score
Hi,

I was told the other day that the codes and numbers that show on the scan mean different things and that one of them can tell you the sex of the baby even if you were not told at the scan??

Has anyone heard of this before or know what to look out for on the scan pic to see if it is a boy or a girl? I cant wait until my next scan so they can let me know but it is not until 23 Oct and it seems soooo far away :D

Any tips or advice would be brilliant

Crystal xx

id say that that was comlplete tripe lol..

unless u pay for a private scan ul have to wait im sorry..

No, it cant be right, the gentials aren't even formed properly by the first scan..the gender is decided though.

no the genitals dont even begin to form unti around 13 weeks and even at that stage its highly unlikely you'd be able to tell. i dont think they can make a good guess until around 16-17 weeks. Some sonographers cant even tell at 20 weeks. :D

I had a scan at 14/15 weeks....and the consultant gyno, said he could definitely see something between the legs, that wasn't the cord, and he was 80% sure it was a boy... At my scan last week (19w+4), LO had his little feet crossed over his bottom so it wasn't really clear, but you could see what resembled testicles. So now he's 90% sure its a little boy... Although they are a little panicky over here about confirming anything as there have been lots of legal cases over things....but I knew from when I got pregnant I was having a boy...everything was so different.

If you get a good consultant, they should be able to see if its a boy from around 15weeks. It's either most likely to be a boy or possibly a girl. But in those 6 to 12 weeks scans you can't see anything.

i thought in my ticker it says the gentials are visable or something?

crystabell said:
Hi,

I was told the other day that the codes and numbers that show on the scan mean different things and that one of them can tell you the sex of the baby even if you were not told at the scan??

Has anyone heard of this before or know what to look out for on the scan pic to see if it is a boy or a girl? I cant wait until my next scan so they can let me know but it is not until 23 Oct and it seems soooo far away :D

Any tips or advice would be brilliant

Crystal xx

the genitalia of male and female unborn baby at this stage are very similar so there is no way a regular scan at this stage could tell you the sex.
If you had a 3d then maybe.

even at 20 weeks the sex is hard t make out in certain unborn babies. theres no way of knowing 100% what sex you're carrying unless a blod test is carried out.

hey crystabell,
i havent heard that before but u never know i guess with modern technology these days!
and we're due on the same day by the way! :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back