Is it safe to take lactulose whilst pregnant?

angelmma

Reaction score
Hey girls, Ive been really blocked up (tmi) the last week, and I keep getting pains in my tummy because of it. Ive read that its safe to take a small dose of lactulose whilst pregnant. Ive tried fruit and all and nothing is working. So just wondering has anyone else taken lactulose whilst pregnant? xxx

Don't think so, I asked the chemist and was given a liquid (can't remember what it's called). It wasn't much x

I have the liquid form, its really stickly and sweet, Im just in two minds whether to take it or not, its just my tummy is killing me from being really blocked up, damn IBS is a torture haha xxx

I got given fibergel the orange flavoured one. It turns into a jelly plug once eaten, or if you don't neck it quick enough lol x Try and ask for that else I'd send it you if you want I got loads and never used it x

Thanks chick, I think I have some downstairs belonging to my mum, must give that a go, cause if the pains continue I'll be thinking Im in labour when I actually just need a poo haha xxx

i have lactulose and the docs never said it wasnt safe when they perscribed it. i also know quite a few other perg women who were given it by their docs

Yep I have been given lactulose too - it's the only thong that helps me!!

I was given it by my doc when 5 months pregnant and told to use it when needed all through the pregnancy. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back