Constipation!!

Dee83

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Is anyone else really suffering with constipation?? It's starting to get me down! I am 9weeks pregnant. I have tried lactulose, with no results. Tried prunes, but i think that i am too bunged up now and they are probably just sitting on top of it all! Last night i had my second dose of Sennacot and i still can't go! It says on the box that if you don't go after taking it on 3 consecutive nights that you need to contact your doctor! I have suffered with constipation on and off through my life and i have IBS but this is just ridiculous. I also don't want to be taking too many laxitives whilst being pregnant - not that theyre working anyway!

Any advice would be really appreciated. I am starting to get worried now, which probably isn't helping, but what's going to happen if i can't go - what can they do to help???!!! :shock:

Thanks,

Dee. xx

OOoooo that must be really uncomfortable for you. I'd get to the docs if it's not shifting. I assume that you are drinking plenty of water. I find that being well hydrated helps. I've been eating bran flakes for breakfast and that's made it bearable for me so far. I hope you can get it sorted soon.

Hi,

Sounds like you need a stool softener. I'm sure Movicol or Laxido is safe for pregnancy. Give your GP surgery a call and see if you can get a prescription.

Lou. x

I drank a litre of diluting juice today and it helped - tmi, but it was a relief!

Hope it eases up soon.

xxxx

Im also 9 weeks and I have been having trouble for over 5 days now, i also suffered when i wasnt pregnant. I have branflakes and fruit, loads of water and nothing helps. I did take benefibre mixed with a glass of water before bed and in the morning i went so im going to try that again tonight x

Im also 9 weeks and I have been having trouble for over 5 days now, i also suffered when i wasnt pregnant. I have branflakes and fruit, loads of water and nothing helps. I did take benefibre mixed with a glass of water before bed and in the morning i went so im going to try that again tonight x

Thanks for your reply. I am 9 weeks and 2 days too!! I have also been having bran flakes for breakfast and trying to drink lots of water along with taking the laxitives at bed times but no results. I have got some fibregel in the cupboard - totally forgot about it - so will give that a go tonight. Fingers crossed!! xx

I drank a litre of diluting juice today and it helped - tmi, but it was a relief!

Hope it eases up soon.

xxxx

Thanks for your reply. What's diluting juice? Like orange squash that kind of thing? And what is tmi? lol. i'm not down with the lingo on here yet! xx

Hi,

Sounds like you need a stool softener. I'm sure Movicol or Laxido is safe for pregnancy. Give your GP surgery a call and see if you can get a prescription.

Lou. x

Hi Lou,

I've not heard of Laxido but i have heard of Movicol. I will definitely look into both of them. Thanks for your advice! xx

OOoooo that must be really uncomfortable for you. I'd get to the docs if it's not shifting. I assume that you are drinking plenty of water. I find that being well hydrated helps. I've been eating bran flakes for breakfast and that's made it bearable for me so far. I hope you can get it sorted soon.

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, it is very uncomfortable. I am trying to drink plenty of water but it's tricky as i am suffering with all day nausia and vomiting a few times a day which i suppose doesn't help with the dehydration! Think i'm going to try some of the things suggested on here and if i haven't been in a couple of days i'm going to have to take a trip to the docs! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back