Is it OK to have more than three scans?

mamichuli

Reaction score
Hello to all,

I have looked around before starting a new topic, I hope this hasn't been done already. I wondered if any of you girls know if it is bad for the baby to have more than three scans. The thing is this: I have my twenty week scan on the 16th of Feb, but my OH will not be able to go with me, as work will really not allow. I live in Spain and, as he does not have a permanent job at the moment, it is difficult to get time off. He's a bit upset not to see peanut, as am I that he can't make it, so I was wondering wether to get a private appt with a gyn (it's not hugely expensive here, I went private with my second) and repeat the twenty week scan for St Valentine - does anyone know if there are any dangers in repeating scans?

Thanks for help!
Lisa

None at all, i had 4 scans with my little boy and he was fine :D because of health problems i will be having 4 scans again this time. its great seeing your baby the further on you go. last time i had a 35 week scan and i could see my babies hair and everything. its great. :cheer:

I'm nearly 22 weeks and so far I've had 5 scans, I dont think it does any harm at all :)

There is no evidence that ultrasound scanning does any damage to unborn babies.

My friend had loads of them because she kept bleeding and then her baby was lodged sideways across her!

She said she actually got bored of having them!

My friend was diabetic and had scans every 4 weeks during her whole pregnancy and her baby was absolutely fine so I wouldn't worry about it.

Well I had 9 scans in total and gave birth to a very healthy baby boy.

Where I live in Corfu you have a scan every time you see the doctor, so for the first 7/8 months that's once a month and the last month that's weekly. As Hellokitty syas there's no evidence to suggest that scans cause any problems and I love being able to see how much baby has changed since finding out I was preggie at 6 wks, also had scan when had amnio test and will have another extra scan at 26 wks cause of my age (that's how they do it over here).

I am sure it's fine. I've had 4 scans already (one at 6 weeks, one at 12, one at 13 (with the CVS) and another when I saw the Consultant at 15 weeks). In fact the Consultant says he prefers to use a Doppler (scanner) rather than the heartbeat monitor as we can both see the baby and the heartbeat. :)

Oh, and I have another 4 scans booked up for the future. :clap: One at 21 weeks then 28 weeks, 32 and 36 weeks!

Sabrina
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back