Is it ok to have a warm bath?

Young Mum 21 x

Reaction score
Hey girls! This may seem like a daft question but I googled
This and had mixed answers! Is it ok for
Me to have a warm bath?! Iv read stuff about it raising your body temperature and where we can cool down by sweating etc the baby can't therefore puts them under stress? Thx girls :) xxx

Hey hun I heard mixed answers on this too. As long as you're not literally scalding yourself and you're comfortable its fine. I've been having warm/slightly hot baths all the way through my pregnancy and been absolutely fine. xx

Warm bath is fine, just don't have it so hot that you have to slowly lower yourself in if that makes sense? I did that when pregnant (to help my back) and after about 5 minutes I felt dizzy and sick so I got straight out. But midwives recommend warm baths to help with braxton hicks etc. x

Yeah thats what my MW said, you'll know if its too hot if you cant get straight in if that makes sense lol x

I've also been having them all the way through! I find them really comforting and they help with the backache

My friend had a jaccuzi while she was carrying her twins and she said they kicked her black and blue !!! I'm sure lo will tell you if it's too hot too x

like other girls said, I think it's fine as long as the water is not too hot...

Don't have a jacuzzi!!! Really dangerous. Imagine shaking your newborn baby repeatedly until its cross eyed and brain damaged.

A warm (not hot) bath will be very good for you - will ease back pain, will ease contractions, will relax you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back