Is it possible to ovulate as normal without having a period???

Carr87

Reaction score
I ask this as it will be 28 days tomorow since my last ovulation, iv not had af yet, i just assumed i was having a really long first cycle (cd 55) but today iv started opk's again as had more wattery cm and bits of ewcm and iv got a deffinately half positive opk.........by this i mean the edge of test line is almost as dark as the control line. I dont know if this is even possible so im asking for yous advice, should i start bd'ing? iv read bits about the womb lining being thin due to mirena so maybe this is why iv not had af yet? im hoping that if i am oving that 8 weeks of being mirena free should have let it build up again for egg to implant. I bought some agnus castus to start today but im not sure whether to start them or not if i could be oving again? sorry to ask yet another question but im all googled out and no further forward! thanks girls xxxx

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/38fa3d

Last edited:
I'm not sure hon, but I think it would be hard to ov without having an af - I mean where would the egg go?? It's possible that your hormones aren't quite right at the moment - might be an idea to ask your doc about it - how long have you been ttc? If it's been a while, you could ask for a 21 day bloods test to check your hormone levels... Sorry I can't be of much help, but hope you get some answers soon... xx

nope it hasnt been long at all, i only had mirena out 8 weeks ago, iv yet to have a period but i think i hav ovd 27 days ago but now i seem to have all the signs again now so dont know what to think, im gonna post a link to my chart to see if it will help

Oh yes of course, you said - sorry! Quite tired today! Posting your chart might help but I'm only a novice at temp taking so not sure I can help much... Good luck with it all xx

Sorry this is a mega late reply on this one but just wanted to say you can ovulate without having periods. My best friends Mum never had periods and i mean NEVER and she now has 3 daughters, all natural conception xxx

I believe it is possible!! When me and my partner were trying for our first AI baby she didn't have her f when she was meant to she ended up being about 24 days late but we still got positive opk's when she should have ovulated if she had had her usual af!

your chart shows you havent ovulated and the signs may haev been that your body was tryign to ov but without the temp rise it means your body tried but didnt release the egg. if you are getting signs again it coudl be that your body is trying again. hopefully it will eb successful this time.

if you had your mirena out onyl a few months ago be aware it can take some ladies a very logn time to get back to a regular cycle, but on the plus side as you are getting ewcm and lines on opks its a very good sign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back