Is it ok to eat pineapple when pregnant??!

Katkin72

Reaction score
Sorry for probably a very daft question! I eat loads of pineapple most days (and other fruit), and devoured about 300g of chunks this morning for breakfast. Just thought I would google to check its safe to eat lots when pregnant and it's come up with loads of comments saying its not a good idea to eat it when pregnant :shock: is this true or not??!

I really want to get myself a pregnancy healthy eating book ASAP so I Don't have to google everything I enjoy eating!!

The other thing is - bloody hell I feel constantly stuffed and bloated and I'm only about 4 1/2 weeks. What the hell will I be like over the next few months lol :shock:

I have eaten loads of pineapple whilst being pregnant and all is well with me. In the beginning when I was being really sick I was eating it by the tin as the juiciness was the only thing that could quench my thirst! xx

I was concerned about pineapple early on as I was eating a fair bit of it, I think it's quite hard to eat the amounts that will cause any trouble (I think it contains osmething that can make the uterus contract). I think the only time I'd consider monitoring my pineapple intake was maybe in the 3rd trimester but that would just be me being paranoid I think. Enjoy it! :D

Last edited:
I've had pineapple cravings from 8 weeks and piled away tonnes of it, canned ,juiced and fresh and bubs and I am are fine to date (touch wood). I think there's and thought that it can help bring on labour when your overdue , just like eating a spicy curry and having sex are suppose to do the same also , most people wouldn't give them up either so I shouldn't worry too much . xx

You need to eat the equivalent of 8 pineapples in one go to release the enzyme that would encourage the uterus to contract so you certainly won't be in any danger of prem labour with a good helping each day. Fruit is good for you and if you are craving it you should give in to it!

My midwife recommended that I eat fresh pineapple now to try and get my body ready for labour, but laughed and said I'd need to eat alot for it to have any effect

I've been eating it regularly and me and LO are doing good :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Thanks for reassuring me everyone :) - now I can continue to happily munch on my pineapple chunks for breakfast lol xxx

Yep perfectly fine, in fact it's probably encouraged as you need to make sure you get your 5 a day! x

I'm drinking pineapple juice as I read this thread! Haha! So I'm glad its okay!

you would have to eat 8 fresh pinapples for it to make your uterus contract. its perfectly safe and healthy to eat it :) i know i did lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back