Is it worth it?

skairdykat

Reaction score
All the tests I've had lately I mean.

I've had the all clear from the hospital, just waiting on OH doing his 'sample'. I think that deep down he doesn't want to do it because he's scared that he'll have a low count and that'll make him less of a man somehow (who knows how their brains work lol), that's why it's took so long to do it. Said we are going to do it Monday morning.

We were told last year when we had just started TTC that if it came to it and we didn't conceive in the year that even though we could get all the test we wouldn't get treatment because we already have 5 kids between us. That we'd have to go private.

I know we wouldn't take it that far as awful as that may sound. If it came to it we would just accept we are never going to have another child and move on.

So is it really worth going through with all the tests if at the end of the day we won't go ahead with IVF or whatever anyway? Should we just leave it to fate i.e If it happens then great but if not then so be it?

I just feel that by going for the tests we are taking up someone elses place who hasn't got any kids at all.

Having said that I've had all mine done already, it's just the sperm test to do now so we may as well just do it hadn't we?

I'm just sick of TTC feeling so clinical instead of just two people doing the most natural thing in the world :roll:

It could be something easily resolvable without IVF or there might be nothing at all I would imagine finding out there was nothing wrong would help you both relax which may in turn help you conceive so dont think its a waste of time and as you say you have nearly had them all now so might as well finish them! Good luck :hug:

Thanks hun :hug:

Yeah I think we will just get it over and done with. Then at least we can relax totally lol. :fib:

If you have only got one set of tests left to do then I say go for it!!

You will only regret it later if you dont!!

:hug:

its best to get the tests done at least then it wont be playing on your mind and thinking "wot if's" but i can see where youre commin from thinkings its not gonna change the fact that u may not be able to get pregnant. But i believe there is always something that can be done. i hope its all worth it in the end hun, dnt take this the wrong way but i cant stand having u in this section and not the 1 2 3rd tri's lol. lots of luck hun xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back