Is it just a mummy thing?

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
Does your OH recognise your LO's genuine distress cry? To me the difference between Jakes attention seeking/frustrated cry and his proper upset cry is unmistakable (and actually upsets me to hear it) but my OH doesnt seen to be able to tell one from the other :? A few times Ive had to tell him to hurry (run, even) when going to see to Jake. This evening Jake was messing about with the tray from his highchair on the floor, he got his foot caught underneath and fell forward bearing his weight down, trapping his foot and hurting him. He screamed out. I helped him out immediately but OH didnt even realise he was in pain and carried on watching the TV :roll: Is it just a mummy thing?

As the main carer of my kids i can defintely tell the diffence between moods and crys - my oh is oblivious to it all.

My OH knows Leif's cries pretty well i think.

Mine can tell the difference - if he's watching the TV he ignores them all :lol:

Nah, not really :lol: He's quite good at knowing what's wrong with Ryan :D

My OH can tell the difference between Ella's cries - But she has a very obvious distressed cry. Her bored/whingey cry is quieter..she goes 'Huu wahh huu wahh' and sticks her bottom lip out :lol:

x-kirsty-x said:
Mine can tell the difference - if he's watching the TV he ignores them all :lol:

:eek: but LOL, my OH is the same if he's asleep :think:

Natalie I do think some men find it hard to distinguish but I as a Mummy yes, I can definitely tell the attention ones from the distressed ones, I don't know how OH's can't tbh, but they certainly do mistake them :|

I have the opposite problem :wall: OH can't tell when it is a genuine distress cry so spends alot of the night standign by his cot "in case" he is wakign up -

no he's not distreessed - he's not even awake! - it is sleepy cries in his dreams - please leave him alone and stop waking me up - go back to sleeeeeep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wall: :wall: :roll:

Bernie definetly cannot no! i know their fake cries even Kiara she has daddy wrapped around her finger like crazy she knows he will come running and i just sit there cuz i know shes acting .
But when shes seriously hurt i can tell and immedietly jump up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back