Is it illegal to be tall and pregnant???????

nazmomi

Reaction score
.... well obviously it isn't but i'm really starting to feel like it must be.

I'm getting to the point now that I need to wear maternity clothes as my regular ones don't fit, but I just can't get any in my size!!!!!! I'm a size 18-20 ( :oops: v embarrassing but I didn't lose baby weight from charlie b4 getting pregnant again) and just over 6ft tall which means i need a 36 inch inside leg and I just can't get them.
I found one pair of jeans in dorothy perkins that sort of fits but nothin else in my size is in stock, everywhere else either stops at size 16 or just isn't long enough. I'm starting to get really upset because I literally have nothing that fits me which means when my jeans are in wash I can't go out. Tried belly belt but my pants don't stay up properly with it, i'm just fed up

Anyone else have this problem????

I'm really struggling with maternity clothes too and I'm at the opposite end of the height spectrum so you're not alone. I'm a size 16 and 5ft 3" I've got a huge bum and hips (typical pear) and really struggle with comfy clothes. My bump seems to be absolutely massive now and I still have 14weeks to go and it starts really low so all over bump trousers seem to crush bottom of bump and sit accross the bladder and all underbump won't cover my big bum or present a big bum cleavage to the world when I sit or bend at all (plus they also sit on bladder and bottom of bump as I need a belt to stop bum flashing. :oops: :(

I see there is a gap in the market for an aspiring buisnesswoman here!

I'm 5'8" and size 16-18 and I don't even bother looking for 'maternity' clothes. I just buy anything from a size 22-28 from Evans sale, TK Maxx. ebay etc. My comfiest trousers are a xxl pair of bootleg yoga pants from Tk maxx with a huge waistband that reaches up under my boobs! I've had stuff from charity shops, too, it's very hard finding comfy clothes, when I was a size 12 having my 1st it was same so there's def a gap in the market-anyone fancy going on Dragon's Den with me?!

I was moaning about this sort of thing to someone just the other day. I'm only 5'6 but I am a plus-sized onion and with the exception of Next (who go up to a size 22 in their maternity wear) there doesn't seem to be much about. And what there is ain't exactly flattering. In desperation, I ordered a top from America t'other week (via ebay) and it's gorgeous. All floaty. I don't think the fashion market in the UK realises larger (and taller) ladies have children too :roll:

As for length, naz - I know Next do a long length in jeans but I reckon that's more likely a 33/34 inch inside leg. 36! Jeez, you have long pins 8)

Hello,

I'm size 16--18 and 5ft 11 so I know how you feel. All of my maternity clothes have come from Next and I can honestly say that they are very comfortable. For me its all about comfort.

I hope you find something soon,

Leana
17 + 2

hey sweetie, i have the same prob as you, part from im only 5ft 3 :cheer:

so everything i order is too big for me, I tell you where im ordering some things from atm is simply be they now do a maternity range

thanks for advice girlies, next long length is only 31 in and their xtra long is 33, simply be dont do em long enough cos i've looked :x

I have actually seriously considered a trip to america just to buy clothes, u can get hundreds over there. Think I may get a sewing machine and set myself up in business :lol: :lol:

Ive got maternity work clothes from new look.

Literally the only place ive put weight on is my bump and boobs so im still a size 10. Im 5'2 and the only leg length i could find is 32" lol so im draggin them behind me hahaha xx

Ive just found quite a few site but quite pricey depends how much you want to pay?

I find everything too long you need a trip over to Holland they have very long clothes and most things i buy needs taken up :oops: but then again im only 5ft 3in but mayb ud have better luck here. Do you have a miss edam in you area try there they have long clothing

:hug:

LilysMummy said:
Ive just found quite a few site but quite pricey depends how much you want to pay?

lol anything right at this moment in time!

have a look at http://www.simplybe.co.uk they do maternity clothes from sizes 14 - 32 and they are very long sizes. i am 6ft and some f the trousers are long on me lmao that never happens :D

I was going to recommend beanpole bumps! I am a 33/34 and have found next to be the only place so far. M&S have some online. It seems the only trousers I can wear for the next few months are black jersey ones!

im kinda an adverage height - ive just brought a pair of jeans from peacocks and im going to have to take them up as they are too long. they are a size 18, but i think i saw a size 20. :think: not sure if that is of any help... Plus they where £12.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!

I'm 6ft2 and been having the same problem. I think it's outrageous and I have complained.

Firstly, Long tall Sally. I have shopped there for a long time, and when I got pg assumed i would get some items from there. WRONG. Their maternity "section" at that time consisted of one pair of jeans. I sent off a strongly worded email to be told that they were looking to expand their range. I have ben checking the site regularly and now there are no jeans, just one pair of lonely black trousers!!

Secondly - Next. I always buy extra long - do they do maternity trews in extra long???? NO THEY DON'T!!
Once again, I emailed off my complaint, to be told i'm not the first person to comment on this. REALLY???
They are going to start doing extra long maternity - but "probably not in time for me to benefit".

I would suggest trying ebay - I got a couple of "bundles" which have been godsends.

Also try funmum.com - they ahve a 3 for 2 offer on at the moment i think.
I got a few pairs of trousers from them which have been ok.

I totally sympathise. :hug: :hug:

kmac said:
I have ben checking the site regularly and now there are no jeans, just one pair of lonely black trousers!!

Heh. I checked LongTallSally for the OP earlier and saw those black trousers. They looked quite pitiful hanging there all on their own.

I'm 4"11.. and i can totally sympathise.. the state of the bottom of my trousers are unreal because theres none that fit proprly.. i think we should protest.. lol

x x

Next do extra long in £17 black work wear trousers that are a sort of jersey materials. I bought there just over a week ago and they are the longest i've found so far. You can't get them in store though, only online/catalogue which is a pain if you haven't got one! I paid my account off ages ago but now owe for these but I was desperate!

http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/women/ma ... dbaby/10/2
you have to select 'x'

They also do a few jeans styles in extra long - I bought some for £22 and have ordered a different style.

I bought some H&M trousers from ebay which are 34" but can't seem to find longer length in shops.

Dotty Ps and Top shop do about one style that's long enough. I have ordered some trousers from vertbaudet which are 85cm so 33/34 so we shall see what they are like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back