is it Braxton hicks is it normal to have this many

Sarahe

Reaction score
Hi I have been experiencing alot of what I think are braxton hicks.

The top of my bump just hurts and goes tight it seems constant and they last for ages.

last night it was quite regular but today I had them all morning so I decided to go and do a bit of gardening I spent a good four hours pottering about and I have come in and sat down and they have started again I have had about 3 in the last hour.

Is this normal. They are quite uncomfortable it just hurts at the top of the bump which I am assuming is my uterus/womb :oops:

Sarah

More than 4 in an hour is apparently unusual and should be checked by Midwife but usually not a problem hun. Try not to do too much - straining yourself too much can bring then on.

Look after yourself! xx

I have loads of braxton hicks too.

I read on a few internet sites that it can be down to dehydration, which is quite possible with me as I don't drink enough water during the day.

I'll have to mention it to my midwife too.

Hi Bagpuss and Sami,

Thanks for your replies.

I have drunk several pints of water today as I read also that it could be dehydration.

I have since had a bath to try and relax but it seems that every time I sit down I have Braxtion hicks, if I get up the ease off but when I sit down again they come on.

I will moniter them and call the midwife tomorrow if they continue.

Sarah

I had BH all the time while I was pregnant, they started realyy eraly in my pregnancy actually at 25 weeks.

Towards the end of my pregnancy I was getting them all day long and then there would be days where I would not get them at all.

I am sure everything is fine, and I know these can be really annoying, so all the best with everything.

Tineke

i get them all the time ive had them since about 20 weeks but now i get them all day long ive tried all the advice off my midwife like drinking more fluids and adjusting positions when i get them but nothing has worked guess im just used to it now xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back