Is anyone else...

Strangeness

Reaction score
nesting? My god I just can't seem to stop! I think it's a tad early but I just want to clean everything and make sure the house is ready for the baby! We spent from thursday til yesterday stripping our bedroom wallpaper and repapering so we can paint all because I want it ready for the baby to come home too. We're painting next weekend and then our room will be done, this is after we've re done the kitchen as well. Just waiting on a new lino and then that is finshed too. My hubby told me to take today easy cos it's been really busy which I thought sounded great cos I was pretty tired after the weekend but for the last two hours I have had my cif wipes out again (it doesn't help that I am craving the smell of them :lol:) and hoovered everything. My house is starting to look like kim and aggy have been round and I'm scared! :lol:

I also have this really horrible feeling that my waters are going to break somewhere when I'm out! I never had this feeling with my son and my waters leaked tiny amounts whilst being at home. I know a lot of women worry about them going when out but I just have this really strong feeling it's going to happen! Anyone else feel this way?

Don't think I am gonna get the nesting :(

I think my waters are going to break on a bus....And everyone will have to get off....and the bus will have to go out of service to go to a depot!! And I will be peoples fascinating, yet gross story for years to come :shock: :oops:

I'm determined that my waters will break in a public place!! Things with me seem to happen in the most embarassing way possible, thats why i'm trying to get out lots.

She's not gonna come when im at home and its easy, and my waters simply wont break when i'm on the toilet or some other neat way

I was hoping for breakage in the middle of longleat yesterday but no such luck! I'll have to try again at the pub and gym, i might even go to church this weekend in a bid for something to happen!

i'm nesting a bit too, i'm not really house proud or anything, but i can't stop tidying, also weeding the garden has become fun! Luckily that's a real mess so i have at least a week's entertainment in that.

And i have an urge to sell anything not nailed down to make money. but preaferrably my husbands stuff not mine.

And i keep forgettting my pin number on my bank card even though i have had it for three years.

Sandi

Didn't really think of it that way but guess I am :think:

Been having a massive clearout and put about 170 items on ebay!!! (Yes took me days of taking photos, resizeing, uploading :sleep: )

Also went to Ikea last week specifically to get storage solutions!

Been obsessed with clearing space for baby....you'd think the Waltons were coming to stay the amount of space I've been creating!! :D

I'm getting there! We have been decorating the nursery at an unheard of rate for us. I'm now at the stage where that's more or less done and all the skirting boards in the house are coming under scrutiny along with the desire to empty all the Kitchen cupboards (well all drawers and cupboards throughout the house really) clean and rationalise everything....the need for space and a place for everything suddenily seems important.

There is also the garden. There's a very narrow border out the front that is a bit embarressing for weeds including a prize winning thistle. My only problem is the thought of my neighbours watching me kneeling down with my childbearing hips wagging in the air to weed the front...I think the nesting instinct will probably get the better of me though.

All those with nesting instincts, please come round to my house, it currently looks like a bomb has hit it! I keep putting off stuff until maternity leave starts :oops:

Mildly said:
All those with nesting instincts, please come round to my house, it currently looks like a bomb has hit it! I keep putting off stuff until maternity leave starts :oops:

Heh - me too. I keep adding to my list of jobs that I am saving 'for when nesting kicks in'. If it doesn't, I'm b*ggered!

Have got a long list of jobs for OH as well. With deadlines.

Tadpole said:
Have got a long list of jobs for OH as well. With deadlines.
:rotfl: I need to do this I think!! OH is useless at DIY though, I usually do it! But bump is getting in the way of things at the moment.

I shall do a list with deadlines, and scheduled times when I'm available to supervise! :lol:

I kind of am, which I thought was early. I'm not doing the mega cleaning thing, yet? But I am getting the carpets professionally cleaned next week, I'm beginning to really care about the spare room and I've been trying to de-clutter. I've found five pairs of shoes to ebay this week and all sorts, I think this is where it's going to start for me!

PLEASE, PLEASE PLEEEEAAASSE.....Come and do your nesting in my flat :(

My brain wants to clear and get ready....But my fat oldtired body wont let me:(

I have a week until sweep and just over 2 weeks untilinduction :shock: I need to get a move on, or MW will get social services :shock: :rotfl:

ive started nesting, but its not major OTT!!
Ive done all the washing, nothing left in the basket, which is a first!!!!
and ive bought some new plants and done some gardening, tidied kitchen etc!!

As for waters breaking... OMG i darnt go anywhere, ive been having visions of it going whilst doing the big shop at asda.......

Wish we all got a noticible sign a couple of hours before they break, so we knew when it was gunna happen and we could stay indoors!! :lol:

Then again... while on the subject i wish we all knew when baby was deffinatly gunna put in an appearance too!! :think:

fuffins1981 said:

I have a week until sweep and just over 2 weeks untilinduction :shock: I need to get a move on, or MW will get social services :shock: :rotfl:

What needs doing? Write a list, and start on the quicker/more fun things first.

Hmm, fun? You know what I mean?! lol

If you think your early nesting - then what about me!!! I'm not even in the 3rd tri yet and I'm going at it like crazy. Not been acting on it much cause of my stomach pains yesterday, but wow, if it carries on like this until I deliver then my house is going to be spotless!

Iwas nesting early on, now i simply cant be bothered!! I'm more about clean! Everything has t be nice and clean, i even found myself reluctant to take a bucket off my dad as it was full of dirty water he'd used to clean the windows and i'd just washed my hands!

Im hoping for a last minute nesting thing, i really need to clean Daves house again, and get my last bit or storage sorted

NickyB said:
fuffins1981 said:

What needs doing? Write a list, and start on the quicker/more fun things first.

Hmm, fun? You know what I mean?! lol

List:
1) Everything!

Which bit is fun?

1) None

:rotfl:

Only joking. You are right.

Mom phoned me tonight and asked if I want her sofa. It is lurvly. So, that gives me a reason to get shifting.

I like the idea of a list. I am gonna do that and give myself a timelimit for each task :)

Thank you :hug:

This thread has just made me realise a huge connection with my love for the smell of cleaning products!!

Maybe it's the nesting instinct then?! I'm just loving all "clean" smells right now!! I bought toilet duck a few weeks ago because I love the smell and I could eat my dinner out of that toilet now! :lol:

I am the same as you dannii! Anything to do with the smell of cleaning and I'm there :lol: Cif wipes are my fave! I'm also loving carpet cleaner and my body wash is amazing, I even washed twice in the shower the other day :oops:! Strangely I also wanted to eat wallpaper paste when we were wallpapering at the weekend, it just looked so good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back