Anyone else is denial?

Shaz

Reaction score
Had a strange conversation with OH the other night. Was trying to explain to him how all this pregnancy and baby lark was still feeling abit unreal to me. I think I've totally freaked him out!

Basically what I was trying to say is that even though I've seen CJ on numerous scans, and I'm getting kicked all the time and I have alien stomach and we've decorated the nursery, and we've got the car seat. etc etc I still don't actually believe I'm going to have a baby in 5 weeks!

Is anyone else having moment when you just think there's no way there is actually anything in me that's going to look like a baby???

I'm totally ready to be a mum and all the responsibility and worry and wonder thats going to happen, I was just trying to explain to him that it all feels a bit surreal at the moment.

I'm now convinced he thinks I'm going to be one of those women who will leave their baby outside the Chip Shop!!

Please tell me I'm not alone - I can't picture was baby will look like in my minds eye!!!

I am EXACTLY the same!!! I have seen scans etc but I just cant picture the end result!!! I have always wanted to be a mommy, and now its happening to me, its soooo surreal!!

I thought once I finished work on friday, it woud hit me like a ton of bricks, but it STILL hasnt!!!! I think it will take the pain of labour to slap me round the chops, and reality set in!!!!

OH is sooo excited, and I just cant seem to get there myself.... :?

Oh thinks it's because I'm not in control and I have to wait for nature to start everything and because I can't really "plan"

My work makes to plan nearly everything and as he put it "if you can't put it on an excel spreadsheet you're not happy"!!

It's a very odd feeling isn't it? I'm not scared about labour, I mean I'm a bit apprehensive because I don't really know what to expect, but I just can't picture what he'll look like, how big he'll be, if he'll have hair, etc etc!!!

I just wish it was all over now to be honest, I want to see who baby looks like, what sex etc etc...I am also so worried about the birth and how I will cope, but at the end of the day, it is a short time (hopefully), and then the reality sets in!! I also worry about how I will cope, sleepless nights, feeding etc but I think its a case of one day at a time?? :think:

I fely exactly the same when i was pregnant with my first. I never believed i was actually going to have a baby till she was born. I just couldn't get my head round it!

I dont think it will sink in until I have our baby in my arms and see OH holding him!! :shock:

Its going to be awesome :D

Doesn't help that I'm here at work today and there's NO-ONE here and I'm bored out of my brains.

Too much time to think. I'm due 30th january and I finish work on the 26th January because I want time off after he's born rather than before.

I have a feeling he'll be a bit early - I reckon he'll make an apperance during my last week of working here.

I always thought this baby would be early with the bleeds I had but I really think il go overdue now! :wall:

I dread going overdue........I'm totally impatient!!

I am in total denial, I have this thought that im going to be pregnant all my life. I clean the babies clothes, make the nursery prepare labour bags but it feels like its never going to happen

I'm the same as you Jade, i don't think i'll get my head around it until LO is actually here, in my arms, whenever they decide that'll be :wall: :lol:

Yup, me too. Everything is here and everything is ready but it still seems completely abstract to me.

I've just been in hospital and seen women with their brand new born babies and I still couldn't get my head around the fact that it'll be me soon. So weird!

Can I join the club too??

I feel exactly the same and this is my second baby!
Felt the same the first time too.
Even when we got home I felt we were just "babysitting" til the real parents came to get their baby back!!!!

I feel the same too

Sam is constantly moving but I still can't focus on the fact that he is actually a real baby! :shock:

With my last pg, I was booked into hosp the day before due to c section and I remember laying on the bed with heart monitors attached to my tummy and there were graph charts printing for each of them and I still remember thinking that it didn't seem real!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back