Is anyone else scared?

jarjar7

Reaction score
Hi all, just a quickie, is anyone else completely and utterly scared of actually having a child?! Me and my fella have been trying for 3 months and its come after me saying I wanted to start trying for about 5 years...he finally agreed and after that very first bd I started absolutely pooing myself about the fact of having to give birth and also being 100% responsible for another human being!!! I'm sure this is just natural and probably cos I've wanted it for so long, the reality that I could actually get it is overwhelming!!! Lol...But it is a scary thought to me!!!

Hi Jarjar,

I think its probably very normal. Hubby and I have been ttc for 2 years and we both want it soooo much but yes the idea of actually bringing a baby home and having to know how to look after it is definatley daunting!! And yes the labour as well!! Although I have found the more ive read birth stories and looked in to it the better i feel about it.

Good luck ttc xx

Its natural to be anxious about everything but to be honest you will be fine! I remember bringing Rosie home from hospital and my OH had to go to work, my mother stayed the night but I was so afraid that I wouldnt know what to do with her! When she woke up crying I was so scared! It all comes in time and Im sure that if you have some support around you then you will be ok. Oh and the birth? Dont sweat it, you'll take it in your stride and your body will cope - I cant wait to go into labour with this baby! :)

Yep I feel the same! Totally petrified about the whole being responsible for my childs life!!! Im much calmer about the birth after doing lots of research, I know that there is a huge variety in peoples birth experiences so I intend to go in optimistic that everything will be fine and hopefully it will be a self fulfilling prophecy! :)

I think I'm the same as Tiny, we were made to give birth afterall and I'm kinda looking forward to it!! It does worry me that I'll maybe leave my baby in a shop somewhere, or go out and forget I have a baby!! Seriously don't think it'll happen but the craziest things cross your mind in a panic :)

Yeah the people I know that have had kids say you just somehow seem to know what to do instinctively and while the birth is painful, as soon as you see your baby you pretty much forget the pain...it is an experience I cant wait to go through but still, a bit mindblowing!!!

weird, me and hubby just had the exaact convo he says he is a bit scared but i am not, i am excited, maybe when I get my BFP i might be alittle anxious

It's perfectly normal to feel like this Hun :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back