Anyone Else?

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by Sarah L, May 26, 2005.

1. Sarah L

Sarah L Member

Hi there,

I just wondered if there was anyone else taking a while to conceive their second child? I have a son aged 2 and got pregnant very quickly with him, but have been trying since Xmas for no.2 with no luck. I got a BFP on my second month of trying, but then got AF a few days later, so not sure if I had an early m/c.

I just can't understand why its taking alot longer this time, but then I am three years older (34).

I just wanted words of encouragement as sometime this ttc business really gets me down and I feel like its takeing over my life at times!

Sarah.

2. Pinkness

Pinkness Member

Hi Sarah,

Don't despair - I know what you are going through. I conceived my first child completely by accident so I thought when it came to number two we'd be pregnant within days. Not so! I came off the pill in October last year and no joy until last month when I got so frustrated with my irregular cycle that I invested in a fertility monitor to try and pin down those all important few days. The very first month we hit the jackpot and I'm now just over 5 weeks pregnant! Of course now I have an irrational fear of miscarriage as I can't quite believe it happened that easily in the end after months of trying!

So - don't give up - it does and it WILL happen for you.

Good luck

X