Anyone else with a ttc deadline?

Lorna

Reaction score
DH and I have said from the beginning that if I am not pregnant by June 2009 then we will give up trying and maybe adopt or something.

The reason for the deadline is my health, unfortunately I can only go so long before I need to go back on some strong meds for inflammatory arthritis.

I am just struggling a bit with the deadline as I feel it is looming and am wondering if the deadline is putting added stress on the situation and could actually be a reason for me not catching yet.

I just wondered is there anyone else out there with a ttc deadline?? How long will you keep trying until you maybe stop? what are your plans if (and I really hope this doesn't happen to people) you don't fall pregnant?

Sorry if this is personal to some I just wondered of there was anyone else in a similar situation :hug:

Hello hun, we are not working to a deadline as we've only just begun trying - but didn't want to read and run and wanted to wish you every success x

Aww, hope it happens soon for you :hug:

We have a deadline to a certain extent, hubby goes on detachment for 4 months in Feb so we want to be pregnant before then. Hope it happens for you soon babes :hug: :hug: :hug:

We kind of have a deadline. If we don't fall by March than we will have to wait until late next year. We just cannot afford to have another birthday in December or January. We have some many family celebrations around that time of year its too financially crippling. It took us 28 months to concieve Dan, I really hope its not as long this time!

Hope it happens soon for you :hug:

:hug: lorna hope you get PG next month, all that added stress can't be helping xx

Hi, we are going to try until December and then go down the IVF route privately. Good luck hun

Yeah, we've got a deadline but not for medical reasons. Ours is more because of my age (35 going on 36) and I can't afford to wait too long. If I'm not pregnant by this month (basically testing on the 25th or thereabouts), then I'll book an appointment with my GP and/or gynaecologist to find out what's going on.

I wish you lots of babydust :hug: :hug: :hug:

Ladies, I really REALLY wish all you with time scales your BFPs soon...it cant be easy im sure.

Heap loads of babydust and sticky glue your way :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: thanks for the replies girls, I really hope everyone with deadlines gets a bfp soon. It really is so much extra stress with a timeframe :(

I think my tactic from now on is going to be to try not to dwell on the dates and see what happens.

try and set your time aside on something else, we are having an extension built and i'm having a new kitchen :dance: , it really has helped take my mind off ttc for a while ... course thats quite expensive maybe you can think of something that might cost a little less :wall: :D

Thanks rusks :hug: , I know next June is ages away still but it's there at the back of my mind.

I've just taken up photography as a hobby so will try to focus on that instead :)

:dance: would love to see some of your pics xx

its really hard and june isn't really that far away witrh how fast time goes by these days. lots of luck and babydust to you xx

get loads of practice in so when you get your BFP you take loads of pics of your baby xx

We've never talked about a deadline although my 30th bday's looming next year and I'd love to finally be carrying a healthy bean at that point, but as we all know, these things take time! I definitely think putting pressure on yourself with dates doesn't help matters, although I do understand why you've set a time limit. Try and focus on your photography and hopefully a BFP will creep up on you when you're least expecting it. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back