Irregular Cycle Regulating Drugs?

sookie

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I haven't been on this part of the forum for a while (try to stick to just ttc!) so hi to all :wave:

Well my Gyno wants to put me on a pill to regulate my cycle (ranges from 39 to 53 days long). He says it has very little hormones in it so is not a contraceptive. I live in Colombia and my Spanish is ok but not wonderful. I wondered if anyone knows what it might be? It's not clomid. Obviously I will not take it until I have investigated what it is. He said to come back on day one or 2 of my next AF.

Also, my DH had a sperm analysis 3 months back (6 million was the count). So he is going back for a second test to see if there is an improvement on Monday. Please wish us luck! :pray:

Hiya :wave: , I don't have any experience with those kind of pills but didn't want to read and run.

I have irregular cycles too, today it's 99 days since my last period :wall: I have my first appointment at the fertility clinic on Monday and hope things will move forward little bit.

Good luck for the second test on Monday :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks Petra. I hope that your AF comes soon, and that you get some answers as to why it's not regular. :hug:

Hi Sookie,

how did go today hun? Hope you have some good news.

My Gynae sent me for another blood test to find out my hormon levels. He will prescribe me some pill to regulate cycles ( it's no Clomid though.. he said that this one is better...) I have to go and collect it from my GP at the end of next week. I think he wants to see the blood results first. So, I have another 2 weeks wait ahead. Hope this pill helps.. My DH is getting very impatient and wants a baby ASAP :wall:

Let me know how you got on and what's the name of the pill.. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi Petra,

Just replied to your other post in TTC. Am curious to know what your pill is? :think: Maybe the same thing?

I'm not back to the gyno until my next AF (who knows when that will be?!), but my DH went in today for his second sperm analysis. First was very low count. So we get results tomorrow afternoon. We are both nervous, as this is it really. If it's low again then it's going to be hard to carry on living in denial.

FXed hey!

Hey Sookie,

thanks for your reply in TTC section. I am going to my GP next week Thursday and will let you know what pill I get. Next Thursday seems hundred days far :wall: I am getting really impatient..

Hope the results of sperm count are good tomorrow :pray:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Is it metformin? My consultant told us I cld go on metformin which would regulate my cycles, but not make me ovulate. Or clomid which wld do both (we opted for the clomid)

Yeap, it is Metformin. Have been taking it for 2 months, but still no AF. I am going to see my doctor in the beginning of June and will get Clomid added ( that's what he said in Feb).. so lets see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back