Iron

Mervs Mum

Reaction score
So after the hospital lost my bloods from my 12 week booking in appointment :wall: and I've been feeling very breathless, I got my bloods done again.

I'm borderline anaemic and a veggie so my iron is always on the low side and I had this last time too. The MW I spoke to said it was unlikely to be my iron levels causing the breathlessness.....but guess what I am WAY under.....I'm in the wrong line of business.....:cool:

They wanted me to go back to the GP - sod that. I'm not sitting in there for an hour like the other night with grubby buggers all over the place. So I asked the MW to recommend something I can buy. I've got some Spatone which is liquid form in 1 a day sachets.

Apparently you absorb iron better when taken with Vit C so it goes in fresh orange and MAN it tastes metallic! Yak!

Fingers crossed I dont end up bunged up! :)

get on the steak and red wine!! hope you start to feel better soon hun! iron has the opposite effect on my mum btw, so you could find yourself glued to the loo :rofl:

They gave me that spa stuff when my iron levels were taking a big dive ...my levels did not get any better so when I seen the consultant he told me they were pointless for really low levels and put me on tablets that they would not help in my case (them being so low).

Tablets made me sick, dizzy and yer probably a bit breathless because I felt so giddy so I just plowed through with nothing in the end really!

:D x

I'm going to have double dose (I just thought...Oh I better read the instructions properly....:oops: ) and see how I feel. If I still feel out of puff I'll get some tablets - I just dont want to take them because I know that they make me constipated and I dont need any agro down 'there' with me being under a consultant already. BLERGH! :lol:

Guiness? :lol:

It was good enough for our ancestors :yay:

:lol: Women used to be advised to drink half a pint of it a day during pregnancy. If only that was still the case...

I had a half a pint the other evening! My hubby loves it! He swears it's a drink and a meal in one! :lol: I saw it in the fridge and thought 'mmmmm....looks good and practically medicine!' My grandad would be proud! :D

:rofl: I used to have it after Sam was in bed when I was stocking up milk in the freezer and wanted to pump the next morning... no idea if it ever did increase my supply but I like to think it helped :lol:

my dad took a can of mackesons into hospital after she had me...he'd had a champagne breakfast and decided it was good for her! he followed the tradition on with me, i was praying the midwives didnt see it :rofl:

My grandad brought Mackesons when I had Emily :D

its actually really nice! took me about 2 weeks to dare to drink it, even tho it was a tiny can!

What's mackesons??

Hope your liquid stuff sorts you out Lisa so you don't have to go back to the docs :) xx

I prescribe it for you Lisa, thats practically as good as the dr doing it :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back