CD 93 and I had my scan :(

Little miss pink

Reaction score
Hi Everyone :wave: :wave:

Well yes the longest cycle ever is still rolling on but on i think we now have a clearer idea as to why. :wall: :wall: :roll:

I went for my ultrasound and my adrenal glands (whatever they are :oops: ) had no cysts but both my ovaries had lots of little cysts in them. The Xray lady couldn't really tell me much as she said 'i'm not a doctor' but she said they both had lots of little cysts in them and that i should make an apppointment to see my doctor.

Along with my bloods that came back abnomal including raised testosterone, does this mean i have PCOS? :think: :think: :think:

Bex :D

id say there is a chance with raised testosterone but odnt quote me. I have cysts in one of my overies too but i aint got pcos :hug:

im not sure hun, but i just wanted to say that im glad that there helping you :hug: Hopefully youll know whats going on soon and get a BFP in no time :hug:

I don't really understand what it is and what it means but i don't want to search around on the internet because usually i just end up scaring myself silly. So you can have cysts in your ovaries but not have PCOS then :think: :think: God its so confusing this female fertility stuff!

I've been told by the hospital to leave it 10 days before booking an appointment with the doctor because of the strike with royal mail but i just want to know :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Im not sure chick, all i know is that i had tests to check my testosterone and they were normal. They can help you treat the overies though :hug:

When i went for my scan the other week they said that i had cycts on my ovaries but i still got a BFP. Lets hope you get this all sorted out pretty soon and you are on your way to a BFP x x x :hug:

im sorry hunny,

here to chat if you need

hope it all get sorted real soon

:hug: :hug:

I think its quite common for women to have cysts on their ovaries. But with PCOS there are a lot more and they can stop an egg from being released. Also there are a lot of other symptoms for PCOS in addition to finding cysts, and your hormones will be unbalanced.

It does sound like they will diagnose you with PCOS as you have a lot of signs that point to that, but i'm not an expert. If you have got it though, then at least they will know how to treat you. You will most likely be given clomid.

When can you see your doctor?

Michelle x

Yeah thats pretty much what i was thinking too!

So how does clomid work and are there any side affects?
Why do some people get prescribed metformin and some clomid? Is there a difference?

:pray: :pray: Please don't say weight gain, please don't say weight gain :pray: :pray:

Unless its with a BFP of course!! :rotfl:

some people get side effects and some dont. Its hard to say how you would react. Its just stuff like mood swings, hot flushes, headaches etc......the usual kind of things when hormones are involved!

My friend took it as she has pcos and for 3 months it didn't work, she didn't ovulate. She took it with metformin on the 4th month, ovulated and got a bfp! She really had to push for the metformin though. I'm not sure why they sometimes prescribe it though. Metformin isn't a fertility drug, i think its for diabetics but as pcos is linked with insulin resistance for some reason it works for pcos ladies.

She did struggle with her weight on clomid but it doesn't mean you will.

You never know you may find out everything is ok. :pray: Try not to worry too much until you see the doctor. When they told me they suspected pcos, i bought loads of books and cried thinking it was the end of the world! :oops: Now i'd give anything for that to be our only problem! Its really not that bad and they can treat you fairly easily. :hug: :hug:

Good luck, i'll be looking out for what happens next.

Michelle x

it may not sound it but its a good thing , because knowing a problem is half the issue when ttc !

now they can start u on meds that will force your ovaries to ovulate .

im a fellow pcos even after removing the large dermoid i was still left with other cysts but , im deffo pregnant lol

good luck , and dont do what i did and thought it was the end of the world , there are so many successfull cases now and u can get help ! better then af just not turning up for now dam reason !

you luck and get the doc appointment made sooner then later ! wooo to a new start in your ttc expedition !

Thanks Guys!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Chin up and look forward thats what i'm going to do and your right it could be worse, much worse!

So i'm going to stay positive and book my appointment with the doctor and take it from there!

Thanks for sharing your stories and beware there may be many more questions to come! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back