Interesting but sad......

Urchin

Reaction score
I was at baby group today and a new mom was there, with her partner and baby. I always make an effort to chat to new people so we were chatting away, I find out her baby is 4 days younger than Brody and is called Aron. My friend asked her "Where did you have him?" The woman replied that he is not hers and they are trying to adopt him. They already have him permanently, but because they are related to him they're not allowed to adopt because the adoption agency don't think you'll tell the child when they get older and they can get confused by the whole, your mom is your aunt, or your nan is really your mom thing.

Anyway, they seem quite open with their story, and it turns out that her brother is the father (so she is actually his aunt), and he has had 7 kids by this woman who is a bit mentally handicapped, she's had 9 kids in total, and they have all been taken off her, as she neglects them.

It was horrible, to look at this lovley little boy the same age as Brody, and think "What a shame....your mommy didn't want you"
Obviously it was nice that his aunt wants him and will take care of him, they did seem really nice, but the real dad is allowed to see him 3 times a week, and he's only been bothered to see him twice since he was born.

Thats a shame but thank god there are people like the aunt who will love him like their own.

Having kids is a privelige not a right, whats with this woman being able to keep having kids. When do you intervene....

I got goosepimples reading that story - how awful. As Laura said, how can they be allowed to just keep having them then neglecting them, but how do you stop them?

I also heard a sad story at mother & baby group. One lady there has a baby the same age as Rubie. The poor woman had a little boy before him but he was stillborn at full term. She then went on to have 2 miscarriages before her son was born. How sad that she went through all that, but she now has a lovely little baby and considers herself very lucky.

It just made me think of rach. How can people be so assuming about kids when that girl has just gone through one of the worst imaginable things a woman could go through. I really hope she is okay. :(

Thats terrible, But least the little boy is loved and well looked after by his aunt. And the dad can see him three times a week and he has only seen him twice since he was born thats horrible he should make more of an effort if he wants a relation ship with his son.

Like Kim said they shouldn't be allowed to have more children if they don't/can't look after them, it isn't fair on these poor children......they should offer sterilisation.

Thanks god for the aunty :clap:

They cannot force her to be sterilised because it's one of her human rights to have kids. She has been offered it but won't.

there should be a law against it, it's not fair on the poor kids she is having not all of them will have aunties that are willing to take them on.

My sister in law is a foster parent and she said it's heart breaking to see some of the kids she gets.. confused, emotional wrecks, some are really badly behaved, some of them just want permanent hugs :cry:

It's so upsetting to see some of them, she had one lot, a brother and sister aged 2+3yrs, their mother was a drug addict and neglected them and they nearly died of starvation. One christmas my mum bought them a teddy each as they were with my sister in laws and they thought they had got the world :(
It's no life really, but i applaud foster and adoptive parents for doing what they do, it isn't the kids fault. :(

Not a very nice story at all :(

I hate to think that a baby is pretty much destined to have a troubled future because their parents don't care or try :?

At least he sounds like he has a chance with his aunt though.

Hi

tahts wierd they wont let her adopt as benries aunt has her cousins child and is in the works of adopting. she is 5 now but has had her since birth and even though they are related they are letting her adopt it just takes years to finalize.
Katrina

*saulino* said:
Hi

tahts wierd they wont let her adopt as benries aunt has her cousins child and is in the works of adopting. she is 5 now but has had her since birth and even though they are related they are letting her adopt it just takes years to finalize.
Katrina

Yeah they are not giving up trying to adopt it is just very complicated..I think they are appealing against the decision or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back