interesting article: Controlled.crying

Thank you :love: I hope i dont forget everything that you girls advice me once I have a screaming baby at home :wall:
Once you get to know your babyies cries its great :) and it really falls into place but I do reckon it depends on the baby too ?

My baby cries A LOT!!

It would not be in my interest to let her cry, it gets louder and louder and she gets sweaty and red faced and all these little spots appear on her face. I'm actually frightened she would harm herself.

I can barely stop her crying as it is even by picking her up do there is no way I'd be able to leave her to do it herself.

My baby cries A LOT!!

It would not be in my interest to let her cry, it gets louder and louder and she gets sweaty and red faced and all these little spots appear on her face. I'm actually frightened she would harm herself.

I can barely stop her crying as it is even by picking her up do there is no way I'd be able to leave her to do it herself.

:hugs: that's what I mean it might not work or bed good for every baby , I don't know how you cope xxx

My baby cries A LOT!!

:hugs: that's what I mean it might not work or bed good for every baby , I don't know how you cope xxx

yeah...wss

you are a legend Tor....i really don't know how you do it. you are a star!

Hannah is not a cryer....only when she overtired, i am incredibly lucky..

and yeah..thats why self settling will not always work for all babies so young..xx

Thank you ladies xxx

I'm not against the whole self settling thing myself. I would love to be able to put her down and get her to sleep on her own/stop crying etc because we are where we are though I have to do whatever I can to keep a calm atmosphere in the house for all of our sakes, this means that sometimes we do things that are not ideal long term, the bed time for instance. Gonna try and tackle that at some point! Would love to have an hour of an evening to watch the tv with my hubby!! Or even just eat a meal in peace lol

Torino if I have a baby that cries all day in the sling it goes and I am carrying it all day. Peace in the house is very important for you and your oh and your relationship. You have to do what you have to do. I hope things are going to improve soon for you and tilly :hug:

Torino if I have a baby that cries all day in the sling it goes and I am carrying it all day. Peace in the house is very important for you and your oh and your relationship. You have to do what you have to do. I hope things are going to improve soon for you and tilly :hug:

I agree . You have to do what works :hugs: I hope it gets easier soon xx

Thank you lovely xxx

Slings are very useful, though she's getting heavy now!

We have had a good day yest do hopefully it will carry on x

What sling are you using Tor? If she's happiest carried.but getting heavy a woven wrap might.help? Sorry if that's what you're usibg anyway :eek:) I used to carry F in a stretchy kari me, which I loved before she got even heavier and began to bounce a bit lol!

What sling are you using Tor? If she's happiest carried.but getting heavy a woven wrap might.help? Sorry if that's what you're usibg anyway :eek:) I used to carry F in a stretchy kari me, which I loved before she got even heavier and began to bounce a bit lol!

I have a caboo (close) carrier.

I'm trying not to become a sling whore tbh, I could have about 5. :rotfl:

I fancy a mei tai or a boba sling next :D

This article has actually made me quite upset. Kayden has severe reflux & he's been a very unsettled baby. Its not been physically possible for me to comfort him every time he's been upset & reading this actually had me in tears about it all :cry:

About the survey thing I agree with the others that it isn't a fair survey. For example LO's that cry even when lifted, what about them?

That being said, I think its important for ppl to remember that we're all human & it is ok to leave your LO for short periods, I hope no new mums have read this & think they HAVE to hold LO always, as this can lead to PND if you dont put LO down to have a wash/eat ect.

Also, for those with 2 LO's it is impossible to constantly be at a newborns beck & call if you have another child to look after, even worse if its another toddler, it only stands to reason that newborn will need to be left to cry....therefore how would someone manage with a new baby until they are 1 not letting them cry!?

I can only hope that Kayden hasn't been damaged & for his sake I hope this survey is wrong

:cry:

Sorry it upset you littlemiss, only posted.it as it.was quite interesting (if not thorough enough and perhaps a flawed study) but didn't mean to upset anyone. I don't think its referring to general crying anyhow I think its.directed towards those that routinely leave baby to cry (whether under controlled conditions of not) as opposed to them occasionally being left if you're unable to.get to then, calm them etc. Who knows, anyhow sorry to have inadvertingly upset you Xx

Aww chick - its not at all your fault, dont you dare blame yourself, I had seen it in the news this morning too so I had it in my mind. I know that it means babies who are left to cry purposly, which I dont do, but as you can imagine, theres alot of times he has to be left to cry. I think the thing about anurisms & fits freaked me out a bit, its no ones fault its just life I suppose.

That aside the article is interesting!!

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back