Initial doctors appointment

Jgward1990

Reaction score
Need help/advice please?

I got my bfp yesterday on FRER i did test 4 days before af is due, before my doctors will let me see nurse or doctor about this they require a urine sample so they can test for themselves, as they say they dont just rely on patient telling them.
After reading online (i know i shouldnt) ive seen a few thing that the doctors tests arnt as sensative as frer or clearblue, so what should i do? Should i wait till i give them sample so its stronger?
Thanks in advance

Congratulations!

I actually think that's quite good! My Dr didn't test at all and the midwife said (direct quote!) "The home tests are so reliable now we just take your word for it". I personally think a medical professional confirming it would be quite nice but that could just be me! :)

When would your af have been due? I'd wait until then perhaps to make sure that your hcg will be a good level? I think their tests are only 25miu though? A medic friend told me that anyway! Good luck x

Af would have been due wednesday 11th i did think about waiting till wednesday as only 2 days or even adding a couple on,

Had a chemical before so just worried so want to see doctor sooner than later

I would wait till Wednesday maybe do another test yourself and then do one for the doctor

I actually had something like this happen to me. Found out really early and gave a urine sample a day or so after my period was due. Never heard anything about it but when I got to my first midwife appt she said 'so it says here your urine sample was negative and got sent away to the lab for further testing, what happened there?' And I said I'd never been told that at all but that I was definitely pregnant and she agreed! X

I also think it's good your doctors ask for proof as such, a wee bit different but I've had 3 early losses and if the doctors had bothered to test themselves I feel they would take me more seriously about getting referred for help as the more I thought about it the more I was winding myself up that they maybe thought I was just saying I was pregnant then a couple weeks later that i'd lost it since it all happened so fast and I didn't want to spend another week going up and down to a+e etc to be told what I already knew! The only proof I had was calling to book in for midwife appointment which you do direct here in Scotland skipping the gp but again who's to say anyone's not just calling and saying they are pregnant. Hope this all makes sense and I don't sound nuts here!

I would wait til AF is due, do another test for your own piece of mind, the give them sample. I got very faint lines on ic's 4 days before I was due AF, still got 1-2 on clear blue digi which isn't meant to be as sensitive but I like that it's there in black and white.

I didn't have to show my doctor any 'proof' and I never did a urine sample or had a blood test until 13 weeks.. which I thought was a bit strange! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back