Infection advice please anyone

toni64539

Reaction score
Probably a bit stupid but I've got to ask, last June I had my tragus pierced, so 9 months ago, surely it should of healed by now? Well I've had no problems with it but yesterday I woke up and it's all swollen and sore, even hurts if I smile or eat. Not sure if it's infected as no puss and didn't know if it could get infected after so long. But I'm worried if it is infected does infection cause risk to a possible baby, probably not pregnant but you never know. It's typical, never had any problems with it but now were trying, gggrrrrrrrr. Also have a funny lump in my neck just down from my ear could this be due to problem with piercing. Got docs apt tommorow but can't wait. Had to ask. Thanks

hi, the lump in ur neck will be a gland they swell up when they are trying to fight infection. if it feels quite tender and moves about under your skin then thats what it will probably be... u can get infections at any time i got one 4 years after having belly piercing but just bathed it with salt disoved in cool boiled water and it soon got better... i dont know about the infection and pregnancy thing but i would have thought it would be fine, women get all sorts of things during pregnancy and there baby is fine so good luck xx

Maybe you caught the piercing in your sleep? I have both of my tragus and both of my nipples pierced and these are the ones that flare up most when I am feeling under the weather,

Sea salt soaks and possibly go back to your piercer and see if your jewellery is still suitable, after a while the tragus can shrink and need a different size jewellery.

Hope it sorts itself out quickly for you,

Thanks girlies. Don't think it's a gland it's too high up but might be a lymph node, same sort of thing. Will keep bathing it and see how I get on. Thanks for all the advice

Hiya, I have mine peirced too, and if it gets pulled it hurts, and will go red. I think if it was infected and affecting down your neck, the redness would start to track too? Not sure though, best to get it checked out :) xxxx

Or you could have developed an allergy to the kind of metal your earring is made from? xxx

Thank you everyone. As the days gone on I think it's gone down a bit now, but will keep an eye on it.

Hi. After I had mine done it took agessss to heal because it's thick cartalidge so the slightest knock killed. You doctor will tell you to take it out becaus I went to mine when mine flared up. It does eventually settle :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back