Induction tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! before due date

Tineke

Reaction score
Ok so my dreams are right..... ('Dreams' Third trimester posting yesterday)

Went to my doctors appointment this morning and doctor said my blood pressure is up and they will have to induce me before the weekend, today is Thursday and they want to do this tomorrow. They said it could be that I might need a ceserean if things don't happen properly with the induction... now i am really nervous. I also have not gained any weight in the last week and a half. I do hope that everything will be OK.

I am really nervous, as I don't really know what to expect. I had planned on not having an epidural if I was having a natural labor ( I was going to go with Gas/ Air/ pethadine if needed), but now the thought of having full on contractions without the body being able to feel them coming on, I want to have an epidural for sure.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS WILL HAPPEN TOMORROW. Everything is ready though at my house for the arrival, so that's all good.

I guess I am now having a Decmeber baby..... What do you girls know about these things????? Please tell me everything as I don't have much time.....

Thank you Luv, Tineke

My doctor just called and set a time for 7am. That's like 10pm for you guys in the UK (I'm in Oz).

I told him I wanted an epidural and I was nervous about the pain form the induction and he agreed with me that they would set me up or whatever...

I'm scared!!!!!!!!!

Just a question.... My mother has been causing me HEAPS of stress over the past 3 days.. do you think this could have somehting to do with my blood pressure going up? When I say HEAPS, I mean she is ignoring my partner, we have delayed the wedding date as of last week, due to the fact that now we do not have my mothers blessings... (good thing though as wedding was booked for tomorrow!!!!) She is not the most normal woman sometimes and she has episodes of Bi Polar every so often. Also... my tenants back home have taken over my house pretty much, I have no idea who is even living there anymore... this has been very stressful to me, do you think it could be why my BP has gone up???

Sorry to put this on you guys... I just need to get these things out!! and I am sooo upset with my mother that if something happened to this little baby due to stress, I would be deside myself.....

Luv, Tineke I am coming back on line about 8am your time, that's 10-11pm my time before I go to bed....

Hello

I just read this after i sent you a message on the other post.
Sorry to hear your ahving so much trouble with your mom and hopefully once the baby is born she will have a change of heart.
Are you glad that your getting married after the babys born now???
I want gas/air as well, but i think if i had to have a c- section at least you know you have to have it. The pain i dont know what its like so i cant help you with taht since i havent been in your situation before.
I think your stress of your mom and back home does have a great deal to do with yoru blood pressure rising, so thsi last day you should just take a bath and do whatever you need ot do to relax.
I hipe things for you tom morning go good for you and you dont have too much trouble and hopefully you won thave ot get a C- section.
So where is back home for you??? and where is Oz ??
Well take care hun and once again good luck.
Katrina

Hello

I just read this after i sent you a message on the other post.
Sorry to hear your ahving so much trouble with your mom and hopefully once the baby is born she will have a change of heart.
Are you glad that your getting married after the babys born now???
I want gas/air as well, but i think if i had to have a c- section at least you know you have to have it. The pain i dont know what its like so i cant help you with taht since i havent been in your situation before.
I think your stress of your mom and back home does have a great deal to do with yoru blood pressure rising, so thsi last day you should just take a bath and do whatever you need ot do to relax.
I hipe things for you tom morning go good for you and you dont have too much trouble and hopefully you won thave ot get a C- section.
So where is back home for you??? and where is Oz ??
Well take care hun and once again good luck.
Katrina

Hi Katrina,

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement and now it's only 12 hours away :shock: getting closer and closer!!!!

I am Australian and presently living in Australia (Oz), I came back here to have my child. My home apart form this is in the Cayman Islands, next to Jamaica and under Cuba.

I can't wait to see my little one, hope all goes ok!!

Tineke

Good luck Tineke, i posted to you in january mums

i think stress can affect bp. Hopefully you will have a smooth induction.

i hope that things get sorted with your mum soon. is your mum on medication, and if so has she been taking it regularly. (sorry dont answer if it is too personal). she might have been nervous for you and forgot to take it. i only know a bit about bi-polar through watching ER.

anyway good luck hun

x

God thats a bit sudden over here unless your blood pressure is dangerously high you arent whisked straight in they keep an eye on you and may take you in to be monitered for a little while at least. It could well be the stress of the past week has not helped but at least your classed as full term and baby will be ok. My OH sister was induced and it was a bit of a long process but if they are really concerned then I guess they will send you for a c section, have you had any swelling etc? do they think its pre eclampsia?

Thats the problem, she is not diagnosed with Bi Polar, she wouldn't even admit she had it if she was diagnosed with it. She also can not take madication as she is alergic to everything, even Tylanol and Asprin. She has a major heart condition and can not even take medication for that. My sister is diagnosed with Bi Polar, on the other hand my mother sees it is a bad thing to be diagnosed with it so she would not even get it checked out...

It's hard to watch and sometimes I don't even knonw what's going on with her. Last week she loved my partner to death, she insisted on us getting married before the baby arrived (planned for tomorrow, actually) and then a few days later she tells everyone that my partner tried to force me into marriage... It's really odd and hard to understand. She offers the world, spolis me rotton, only to take it all away in a heart beat or threaten to at times.

I don't know anymore, I don't understand it all. She bought us a car upon arriving to Australia of which she just asked for the keys back, so we gave them to her (like 20 minutes ago) Knowing I am going into hospital to be induced tomorrow at 7am. It's no problem for us to get a taxi, it's just that she needs to have the control. She came by and said to me thorugh the front door, "I will be here at 6:30am Tineke, to take you to the hospital" My partner is sitting with me at the dinner table eating dinner and he is not expected to go??? It's really bad with her right now! And the worst part is my partner has always done everything for my mother, he is the most amazing man, but I know that next week she will be back to normal.... or if not next week it will be a month!!

I just want it all to go away.... this is not the time!! And it's messing up our last day together as a couple without a baby!!

Tineke

Hi Michelle,

The doctor does seem to be making this a rushed thing, I thought the same thing.... That's also making this whole thing more scary. There was no protine in my urine when he checked and I have no swelling at all, he also checked all of my nerve endings, legs, feet and all was fine there to.

He mentioned that the placenta may not be working and it could be harmful to both the baby and me, he mentioned seizures (me having them) if my blood pressure was any higher, as my BP was at the top of the Norm. I cant remember what he said it was though, I don't get to take my medical records like you do there, I hate that!!!!

Tineke

Tineke

you are going to have to be strong. wait until your mum comes round she might be in a completely different mood when you next see her. if she is still playing up you will have to be firm and tell her that your OH is very important to you and you love him very much and he will be at your side the whole time (i know your mum does know this). it sounds as if your mum is having some problems and hopefully something will be able to be done. she could just be very nervous for you and it is making her act like this.

sending you (((((((((hugs))))))))) and i am hoping that your induction is a positive experience for you. just think you will be one step nearer to holding your baby. make sure your camera is working. and i hope to speak to you soon.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back