Induction questions

Layla

Reaction score
hey guys

im due for my induction on monday provideing Coby doesnt come out himself before then.

last time i was checked i was 2 cm dilated but my cervix was still long.

today i have had blood loss throughtout the day and back pain which i read is a sign the cervix is thinning out.

if i go in on monday and im still 2 cm what is the most likly thing they will do?

can they break my waters or do i have to be dilated more?
will they use a persary or put me on a drip?

any info you may have or anyone been through it please tell me of your expericance coz im really not sure what to expect.

thanks

xx

When I was induced I was about 1cm and they used a pessary, with me I only needed one and luckly it worked straight away. They said if it didn't work I could have another one 6 hours later and if that didn't work I could have one more the next day but it would have to be done by a consultant. If that didn't work she said they would try to break my waters. I could be wrong but I think they only use the gel if your cervix isn't ready.

when i was induced with Amy i was 1cm and they used 2 pessary's!!

They may be able to get in to break your waters, it also depends on how high the baby's head is apparently as if its high the cord can fall in the way and cause reduced oxygen.

Fingers crossed you go in before anyway.

If they can reach your waters to break them, they will. I was told they could reach mine when I had my sweep, so I knew I wouldn't be needing the pessary.

They'll examine you and tell you on the day.

Hi Layla.

I wasn't dilated at all when I was induced.

They started by giving me 1 pessary. Contractions started after about 5 hours. (get walking around if you can, thats what brought on my contractions!!!)
They had to stretch my cervix a few times as it was only 3cm and not dilating with contractions.

They didnt want to break my waters untill I was about 5-7cm dilated, but then when they went to do it they had already gone!!! Hadn't noticed it because it was all behind Jack and it came out when he came out!!!

I did have a drip at the end of my labour to speed up contractions.

Everyone is different though and mine was particularly awkward!

Good luck x

Hello

Was wondering this too but what do they do if your waters are already broken oh im not liking this no more .
Well i guess we will see what they give me .
Katrina :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back