Induction at Term + 12 days

Leigh Sless

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm currently 9 days overdue and yesterday I was booked in with the midwife for a membrane sweep, however when she examined me, she said that my cervix was still posterior (?) and did I have my dates correct right. I do, as I have had 5 scans and my dates have always been bang on. As a result of the cervix position she was unable to do a sweep.

However, I am 1cm dilated but that's about it, she said I am unlikely to go by myself and will probably just have to wait until my induction which is booked for this Sunday (7th). The head is only 4/5 too.

Has anyone else experienced this? Did you manage to have a natural birth as my concern now is that the induction won't work and I'll have to get a Section which if thats whats needed then so be it but it's my last resort.

Would appreciate anyones advice.

Sorry this is so long, I'm feeling a bit anxious at the moment.

Lx

Hi there

I had a membane sweep at 9 days over, my cervix too was prosterior, it means its way back and as you go into labour it comes forward and dilates. I had to be induced at 12 days over as the sweep did not work.

I ended up having section as baby was distressed but i think this was mainly due to her being back to back and she got stuck.

Dont worry u should be fine, not all inductions end in section. Mty friend has been induced twice and both times had natural birth.

Good luck

I was induced at 11 days over and my cervix was postirior and closed and it only took one pessary and I was 10cm in about 4-5 hours after that. Even without induction your cervix can change very quickly! I had a normal delivery even though she got stuck and was facing side ways, manged to deliver normally in the end!

hi there,

Thanks very much for your replies, hopefully things will move quickly once they do induce me, I know the baby is facing the right way so fingers crossed.

i still have 3 days to go, so not all hope is lost and I may still go myself!

Will let you know the outcome.

Thanks again,

Lx

Good luck, hope things start off naturally for you before Sunday.

My sister is in exactly the same position as you, she's been booked in for an induction on Sunday too.

good luck for sunday - hope you manage to start on your own before!

x

Thanks for the good wishes, unfortunately, here I am Sat morning and still at home so looks like induction is the only way forward!! This baby is seriously lazy!

Will let you all know the outcome.

Thanks

Lx

best of luck huni!!!

u never know baby might decide to make an appearance before then!

*fingers crossed for ya*

xx

any news? what time was you going in today to be started off? hope things moved along on their own last nite....

good luck... i'll keep an eye on the new arrivals...
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back