Induced early

Redbootz

Reaction score
I have been in for numerous changes in movement and my anxiety is getting worse by the day and the midwife yesterday said that they will probably induce me early at 38 weeks and def not let me go over 40 weeks she said that because of my past history with my movements being so random she knows I will be back in and that after a certain amount of time they have to do something about it even if the monitor says all is ok. I am worried but I know the anxiety of the movements is causing me so much stress I am being referred for counselling and have informed my midwife and health visitor I am struggling with worry. I have extra support now in place just really stressed out and now worried about if they did induce me.

I can completely relate to this!! I mc before this pregnancy and have been worried the whole time. I have been in 5 times with movements and they tell me baby is fine but I to worry its my anxiety and I cause self stress thinking iv not felt her and then turn up and she will move lol. They have said they will induce me in 2 weeks 3rd June at 39 weeks. I'm super excited but again my anxiety comes in and I'm terrified. This is my first baby and they said it might be better to have her here instead of going through the pregnancy till possibly 42 weeks. How far are you? I hope the extra support helps. What will you do if they offer you induction, will you take it or not. Iv got the date and time but I still might cancel as I would really like to experience a normal Borth. I will have sweeps and hope they work. X

Hi I've had a similar experience myself, I had a lot of bleeding at the start of the pregnancy which turned out to be nothing but has given me horrible anxiety throughout the rest of the pregnancy. Because of this they have given me two sweeps, one at 37 weeks and one at 38 (neither worked) and have offered to induce me next week at 39 weeks. I'm still not sure whether to go through with induction! the anxiety is horrible but then I've heard not nice things about induction too but then I think the sooner she's out and I know she's ok I'll feel better! It's such a tough thing to know what to do so I know exactly how you both feel xxxxx

I'm glad there's more than just me going through this dilemma. I feel the same if se is here its better however iv heard so many stories. I have also read some really positive stories on induction some on here others iv Googled. Iv also read stories of natural labour that have gone wrong or been long and ended in assisted. If it was just the pessary I would do it but I'm scared that won't work and il need the hormone drip. When is your induction date? I have a sweep on Fri it will be my first x

I feel the same, I've heard bad stories about the drip including from my mum when she had me but then I think should I give up the chance to just get her here!? It's so hard to decide. My induction date is Friday if I decide to do it. I hope the sweep works for you, that's what I was really hoping for, a natural start to labour, I know friends who have had the sweep and gone in to labour less than 24 hours later xxx

I haven't decided if I will accept it or not yet if they decide to offer it. I have also read mixed stories so it is like you say hard to know what to do so I'm not sure if it will increase my anxiety. I'm 33 weeks so there is still time for baby to get more of a regular pattern but to date that isn't happening and I'm not sure the hypnobirthing is helping me to relax especially after the last class it made me more anxious. I do think I will go crazy if I go over 40 weeks because of worrying about the risks and what someone close to me went through so it sticks in my mind. I'm petrified of a long labour which could then end up with c sec and what if baby doesn't get enough oxygen and things like that. Seriously I am in a constant sate of panic and haven't relaxed once. And the movements i just can't work out a routine. It's very overwhelming.

It is a scary time for all of us. Newmum if you have it please keep us updated on how it goes. I'm glad someone is maybe having it before me lol. I also think I shouldn't give up the chance of meeting her early but I just don't know what to do. I'm going to see how my movements go between now and then and will talk to the consultant on Thursday.
I also think a lot of first time mums go over and end up being induced anyway and I'd hate to cancel it and then go over and need one. I go away at the end of july and if she was two weeks late she would be 4 weeks old and if I ended up with forceps or a section it doesn't give me a long time to heal. Therefore I think I should just do it and then il be ok for when we go away. I am gutted tho as I planned to stay at home for as long as and then have a water birth.

Last edited:
It is such a scary time and very hard to decide what to do! I hope you both find some way to calm your anxiety....not that I have!! I will let you both know how induction goes if I go ahead with it. My ideal was water birth too but like you say you could end up going over anyway and that would be an extra two weeks of worrying and stress for nothing! Plus anxiety must be a big thing and something to take note of as they wouldn't offer inductions if they didn't think the tension of waiting would cause stress to mum and baby xx

Hey ladies, I can totally sympathise with the anxiety of being induced early and reduced movements. I 1st went in with reduced movements at 29 weeks and then a further 7 times, with 3 being over 1 weekend when I was 37+2wks. I also had the extra worry about baby measuring small on my growth scans so was constantly petrified he would stop growing especially with the reduced movements I thought on several occasions that he had gone. I originally planned a home water birth as this was my 3rd and last baby and my previous labour had been pretty quick. I weighed up all the risks of being induced vs staying pregnant to get the birth I wanted but possibly putting me or baby at risk. So in the end the decision to except induction at 37+5 weeks was easy, especially as they had kept me in hospital overnight from after my growth scan and still getting the reduced movements even whilst there.

I was lucky in that I was 1cm so they took me straight to labour ward to have my waters broken as I couldn't have the gel or pessary due to a c section for my 1st baby. So skipped a step in the induction process, and usually the longest step. My waters were broken at 2pm and very mild tightenings started. I was put on the drip at 5pm as not much was happening and on the ctg they could see the tightenings happening every 2 mins or so. Around 6pm I was getting uncomfortable lying on my back on the bed so wanted to move about so they put a clip on baby's head to track his heartrate due to being on the drip. At 6:20pm when they did this I was still 1cm, but the contractions had started to ramp up (they had turned the drip up from 1.5ml at 5pm, to 3ml at 5:30pm and then 6ml at 6pm). He was born rather speedily at 7:08pm and just 40 mins of active labour!

Having laboured a back to back baby, a natural labour and a drip induced labour, I can honestly say the back to back labour was by far the worst. The contractions on the drip weren't too much different to my natural labour but obviously went from nothing to full on quickly so missed out on the hours of it slowly building up to an intense level. Given the option again I would still go for being induced rather than waiting as I currently have a 12 day old and my due date is in 4 days time. My anxiety has calmed down and I am so happy he is here safe and I'm not still waiting and potentially have a further 2 weeks or more to go constantly worrying about him xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back