Independant bloody baby!!!

Samsgirl

Reaction score
Right....Hannah has decided she is too much of a big girl (at 8 months old..lol) to be fed and wants to feed herself. So I think we are heading down the BLW route...I am clueless though...dunno what to give her, how much to give her....HELP!!! any book recommendations or ideas greatly received..xx

The BLW cookbook is really good as it tells you what types/size/shape foods to give them at their stage of development. We've also used the sainsburys little ones cookbook and the hairy bikers diet book, we just don't purée it.

He loves pasta with sauce or pesto, jacket potatoes, meat, veg (although hes not keen on anything green!), fruit, lamb hotpot, risotto, sandwiches, anything really. For breakfast he has weetabix which is softened with milk, then cut into pieces for him to pick up. The other day we did salad chilli bowls which were a great success. We do plan our meals to ensure he can eat what we do but it's always food we would have made anyway, just healthier. Hope that helps x

I just put a few things on Harry's tray so he can pick what he wants

So for tea on Sunday we were having a chicken dinner so on his tray I put about 3 pieces if chicken, coupe of carrots, and a couple of new potatoes

If he eats that up (or messes around with it so much he can't eat it!) I put some more on.
Basically give him variety but without overfacing him!

If he has toast for brekkie I do a slice and cut into fingers but he probably only ears half to two thirds

Xx

Hey samsgirl, my lo did excactly the same thing at the same age! Have to admit I'm now a BLW convert! I got the book which is fab, really reassuring and supportive. There's also the BLW website which gives some great recipe ideas. My lo is now just eating what I have so it's soooo much easier, and has made me eat a lot more healthily too! Good luck x x x

I basically cook the same amount that I would for me & oh and split it 3 ways now, sometimes she eats the lot and steals off my plate other times the dogs get extras from the floor lol

Hey samsgirl, my lo did excactly the same thing at the same age! Have to admit I'm now a BLW convert! I got the book which is fab, really reassuring and supportive. There's also the BLW website which gives some great recipe ideas. My lo is now just eating what I have so it's soooo much easier, and has made me eat a lot more healthily too! Good luck x x x

weird eh...he he

which book did you use? xx

thanks so much ladies...what about salt content and stuff....do you worry about that? or basically just make meals as you would have previously and baby has that? xx

I just make sure I don't salt my veg but apart from that I don't worry too much as I pretty much do home made stuff all the time

You can buy baby stock cubes though that are low in salt x

I also make sure he drinks plenty of water if I think he's had a more salty did type x

Alyssa has the odd kickoff if im feeding her lol, she will take a loaded spon and self feed but also throws it around and takes the food into her hand, its quite funny. most of the time she lets me feed her and i let her feed herself a lot too so she has some control over it. she had fried rice tonight at my mums and loved it but didnt even want to try feeding it to herself when i offered her the spoon.

they are just funny little things these babies...xx

yeah, its nice tho just giving her some of whatever im having, last night i made fried rice but id made alyssa pork cassarole so she has 5 portions of that in the freezer now too lol. all of a sudden lumps just dont seem to bother her in the slightest

Grace hasn't liked being spoon fed for a while now, she will try herself and does quiet well but she will insist on eating porridge & yogurts with her hands lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back