increased appitite

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by NickyNoo, Mar 8, 2005.

1. NickyNoo

NickyNoo New Member

has anyone else's appitite increased, its horrible im hungry all the time,this is my third pregnancy. and i dont want to look like a whale at the end of it.

18+3

2. Tanisha

Tanisha Well-Known Member

Yes my appitite had increased almost 100% of what it used to be. You can eat just watch WHAT you eat. I much on celary sticks and fat free ranch. Or I'll eat a bagel with Low fat cream cheese. Just be careful.

3. Claire

Claire Well-Known Member

I eat all the time too. I usually eat cookies or chocolate pudding or snack bars. I just can't resist. I've never really liked healthy food. But so far I'm at 10 lbs. weight gain at 19 weeks. I don't think that's too bad. Sometimes I find that when I have a big glass of fruit juice, I lose my appetite. Maybe that will work for you.

4. NickyNoo

NickyNoo New Member

Thanks for your replys. I bought loads of fruit the other day and ive just been eating that.
    nikki xx

5. lynnhc

lynnhc Member

Hi there

I had an increased appetitie during all of my pregnancies - and i have a big appetite anyway! the bad news is, our bodies only need around 100 extra calories a day in the first trimester and about 300 more during the second and third trimesters. You should never diet during pregnancy, but make your calories vount (instead of counting them) - by that I mean eat loads of wholegrains, protein, fresh fruit and veggies.

Yu should expect to gain around 25-35lbs during pregnancy, but don't get fixated on your weight.

Lynn

6. lynnhc

lynnhc Member

wow! Just read my spelling in the last post - looks like I'll have to review messages before I send...just got excited on my soapbox about healthy eating...

Lynn