In need of some advice

Mrs CW

Reaction score
Hi All,

A week after my BFP in feb I had an early mc which was confirmed by ultrasound 2 weeks later. At the U/S I was told that my lining was very thin although I wasn't told how thin. I was previously on the depo injection which causes your lining to thin so I'm wondering if this is still having an affect.

Today I've started spotting so I'm hoping that this is the start of AF 4 weeks after mc, so straight back into my regular cycle. I was wondering if anyone had experience of a thin lining and if there are anything I can do to help thicken it?

Thanks for any replies

Cat x

hello

i was also worried about a thin lining because i dont have very heavy periods. I was told that it shouldn't affect fertility or cause miscarriage...I got my BFP on 21st Jan but sadly miscarried at 9 weeks.....so it shows that little bean was able to burrow for a wee while..

At my ultrasound after mc...it showed that my lining was already built up to 7mm....i dunno if thats ok or thin....shame they didnt tell you thickness....

Do you have heavy or light periods?

How long have you been off the injection?xx

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry for your loss its so hard.

My third and final injection was in june and it ran out in sept 2010 so when I got my BFP it was 5 months after which is quite quick from what Drs had told me and others experiences.
Since finishing the injection I feel that my periods are lighter than before I started any form of contraception but were starting to get a bit heavier and regular so I was hoping things were getting back to normal.

I've read online that lining thickness needs to be above about 6mm so your lining thickness at that point seems good. x x x

yeah.......it was just on the top wall.......so i dont know how it was growing on the side walls after the mc......the top had started to repair itself before the mc even happened! bodies are bizarre......

it does worry me that my periods are very light......i did ask the doctor about it when she was doing my last scan to check mc was complete and she just said to 'watch my weight'. which i knew i needed to lose weight anyway....so am currently on a diet and trying to get healthy..hoping that will help xx

Hey, I was on the depo for over 8 years and came off it in June 2009. I didnt get a period till June 2010 so think you were quick with your bfp. Although I also was told my weight would effect me not having a period.

Started a regular period in June 2010 and initially it was quite light for a few months but before the depo mine had only lasted 4 days max anyway However it got progressively heavier and pre bfp in Jan it was lasting 6 days. I also had a m/c and hadnt realised that your lining might effect this or the depo thinning it. Might be some truth in it.

Sorry for your loss Mrs CW :(

The fertilised egg is sooooooo teeny tiny that it shouldn't have any problem implanting if all the other factors are in your favour.

The progesterone increasing will get it thick enough to cope with baby getting bigger too.

Your lining will only be thin compared to other people, not in relation to your fertility unless they specifically tell you so :)

Try not too worry about it too much at this stage :hug:

Laurat I'm sorry for your loss. I wasn't expecting a BFP so quickly as dr told me it would be at least a year if not longer. I guess the lining will hopefully keep increasing as time goes on.

LouiseB I hadn't thought of it that way thank you. It's still early days since finishing depo so hopefully things will improve soon. I think I've had too much time on my hands this weekend as I hadn't thought anything of it until yesterday! X x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back