In need of advice please ladies...

LauraMummyToBe

Reaction score
People say you should drink milk to get rid of heartburn and I've got it REALLY bad right now it is doing my absolute head in... My problem is I cannot stand drinking milk it tastes horrible!

Do any of you ladies have any other ways to get rid of heartburn? All of your suggestions would be a great help because I feel like I wanna cut my throat right now haha! Xxx

Milk onli works for a little while any way ive found the best thing for me is rennies :) xxx

Gaviscon works wonders! You can buy sachets of the liquid x

Eeep, I need some home remedies as I can't leave the house right now! :( xxx

Do you have snything to whizz up with milk, ice cream or something if you can drink milkshake, melon can help to if you happen to have some x

yogurt? cheese? dairy might help to neutralise the acid. Half a teaspoon on bicarbonate of soda in water if you have some, and sit upright no lying down flatish.

I hate milk too. It's vile. I found making myself an Options mint hit chocolate helped wonders and it disguised the grossness of milk!

Sorry, section hopping here. I used to find minty things like polo sweets worked for me x

Nairns oat crackers. Small amounts of milk with nesquicj added, ice cream rennies and gaviscon if u can stand the taste

How about flavoured milk? I keep having banana milk. Know its a bit sugary, but I don't like milk on its own either xx

Thank you for all your suggestions ladies, I have to be careful with dairy (cheese ect) even chocolate and chocolate based things cos they seem to kick off seriously bad migraines! Xxx

I have had acid reflux since my teens and when I take really bad bouts the only thing that helps me is cold custard straight from fridge, or sooking on msltesers. They both are quite thick and lined better x x

Thank you for all your suggestions ladies, I have to be careful with dairy (cheese ect) even chocolate and chocolate based things cos they seem to kick off seriously bad migraines! Xxx

That to me sounds like an intolarence! U should see ur doctor Hun x

I've heard apple juice can help but I don't get acid so I can't confirm!
Check google xxx

I have used extra string mints and hit chocolate made with milk. I can't stand gaviscon tablets or liquid it makes me gag!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back