In agony - is this normal?

Rayoflight

Reaction score
Hi girls

I had Blake 9 days ago now. First 4 or 5 days felt tender 'down there' because of my stitch when I sat down but nothing too bad. Could feel uterus contracting back when feeding but wasn't painful. Loss was mainly dischargy rather than blood.

Last two days I have been in agony like I'm in labour again. Loss is now just blood, not too much but the pain is awful and when I sit down I feel like I've got a rod up my arse with shooting pains that take my breath away. I'm only going to the loo for a number two in the morning and it hurts. Can't decide if these pains are girly pains or poo pains. I've never really had period pains so don't know if this is normal.

Has anyone else had this?

I would speak to your midwife/HV, I wasn't in that much pain but I never had stitches. Hope everything is ok xxx

I can't remember being in that much pain although all my lady bits were uber sensitive so hurt if I sat the wrong way. My stitches were ok too. I'd definately mention it to your midwife though, are you taking any painkillers?

i had stitches because of a 3rd degree tear and it did hurt when i went to the loo for a poo. Have you been taking lactulose? I must admit it was more painful around the same time as you are for about a week then it started to ease - i think its where the skin is trying to heal it goes all tight and thats whats hurting!!! But H's 7 weeks old now and i have the odd twinge down there so there is an end!!!

Hi girls it's deffo poo pains. Like nothing I've ever experienced before. It's worse than labour! Just been doing my birth breathing on the loo which helped with the pain and have been taking paracetamol which takes the edge off.

Just drunk a litre of coconut water in the hope of that helping get things moving and I'll ring midwife in morning to get some lactulose.

Husband is getting upset because he feels helpless and is worried as I'm climbing the walls at times.

Knew things were going too well up to now!

you can get it on prescription off of the dr too hun as the hospital run out when i was dischrged!! i'm still takingit now as im scared i might still damage something!!! I still havent been brave to have a proper look there either!!!

Arnica tablets are meant to help healing and bruising, u can get them in health shops x

stitch pains are diff with everyone.. Ive rode through the pain.. I was cut so i didn't tear and then stitched up afterwards in 3 different places and 1 cut left open as it was to awkward to stitch. And after about a week my one stitch tore open.. Thought the pain would never end i wanted to cry. Now 4 weeks later.. Still healing but no pain woo! And lots of sex.. Sorry for tmi just so happy to be on the road to been me again x

Nah not tmi - good on you girl. I was up most of the night with the pains but just got myself a docs appointment for this morning and hopefully will get that lactulose and be on the mend soon.

How long did your stitches take to dissolve?

im not even sure if and when they dissolved.. Too scared to touch and look. All i know is it doesn't hurt when i wee and wipe.. I think 3 weeks is the average for most.. I never thought i was going to heal. It hurt to sit but once i was sat down it was ok.. It was getting up again.. OUCH!!! And i was bleeding like a b**ch but 4 weeks on.. No pain and bleeding stopped :) i hope ur trip to the docs goes ok and you get the prob sorted x

thank god i have just read this thread....

i am in more pain with my 10 stitches than i was giving birth, no word of a lie, i had a 2nd degree tear from the top of my labia to the bottom on the inside, past my vagina and a "8" shape near the top... due to the clip Layla had to monitor her heart rate when it kept dropping,

how long does it take for the stitches to disolve & for things to start to "feel" normal, im talking arnica tablets and paracetamol at the moment, every 4 hours,

i kno im asking a lot after only 3 days, but when i eventually manage to stand up, i feel LOADSA pressure down there and it feels like im gona push my organs out through there with the pressure & kinda weight of stuf, midwife came out today and said i look like im healing well, so that kinda made me feel better, but it still hurts and is painful to try n sit down, stand up and then try to pee, oh my gosh!!

sorry for the moan ladies, i think i feel slightly better being able to just talk and tell someone besides hubby who i know cant do anything either

xxx

The heavy feeling is such an odd one, I think because you're muscles have been really stretched down there and of course the wall of your vagina has been cut or torn and this usually holds all your bits and pieces where they should be. That together with swelling and bruising gives the heavy feel. I had an epesiotomy, no idea how many stitches and it took about 10 days to feel comfortable although still bruised. Then I began to feel a bit uncomfortable again when the stitches were tightening up and ready to disolve. I think probably 3-4 weeks before that happened. I promised myself I wouldn't suffer and kept taking the painkillers for about 7 days, paracetamol and diclofenac. It really is amazing how quickly our bodies can heal!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back