Im still their daughter!!

ninjawomble

Reaction score
This probably seems a silly rant to you but I have to get it off my chest!

My parents are brilliant dont get me wrong but they are really annoying me!
Everytime they ring, straight away its "hows Isla?" They never ask how I am, and when they visit they bypass me and go straight to her, I know they are doing the proud grandparent thing, and I feel childish but I feel ignored!

A few weeks ago, Isla was being really difficult and had cried for three days straight, I had no sleep, no time to eat or shower and I was going daft. I rang them sobbing my heart out and my Dads in the background going " Aww shes a good girl really dont be silly", Raaaaaah, yes its ok when you come round for a few hours but you get to give her back!

Then when I had an accident and fell upstairs hitting her head, my heart broke and I felt crap, My dad said " well Donna if you are not careful these things will happen" and was panicking that Id really hurt her :(

They never ask how I am anymore.
I knew it would happen as when pregnant, the fridge fell on me, knocking me to floor, hitting me on head...my dad witnessed it but rushed over going "Oh my god is the baby alright?", as Im seeing double and crying and feeling sick....

Typing this out I can see how stupid it is that Im being like this, but Im finding it hard to cope and they are not bothered about that! As long as Squidge is ok :roll:

Did anyone else notice this with their parents, or am I being a stupid cow?

Hun, you are not being a stupid anything and you are not alone. You have gone from being the centre of attention during pregnancy, everyone worrying about you, telling you to take care of yourself, to rest, etc and now all the attention has been redirected to Isla. You arent jealous and have no reason to feel guilty
It is more like feeling you have disappeared...
I would talk to your mum if i were you. Remember she is a mum too and if you remind her, she will remember the feeling. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Lisa

I found this too. Not just with my parents but with everyone! When people asked me how Evie was I used to reply with "we're both doing brilliantly, thanks". Most people got the point :lol:

pilkers said:
I found this too. Not just with my parents but with everyone! When people asked me how Evie was I used to reply with "we're both doing brilliantly, thanks". Most people got the point :lol:

Ditto!!!

I guess im just used to it now after all these years but Im the same! Everyone always asks how Lola is and if anyone does ask about me Im so shocked I dont know what to say! :shock: :lol:

I get alot of this to, my son has even noticed that Grandma visits alot more often now

Yup! I was thinking about this earlier cos I was thinking of something I could do tomorrow or Friday which involved me having some time on my own or going to visit someone but everyone I could visit would expect to see Molly too! I get it but it's kind of irritating at the same time.

:hug:

Same here.... Althought it got better over time. But still even now when we talkm with my mum over the phone its "how is Daniel?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back