Typical...

dannii87

Reaction score
:hug: Thank you ladies!

Now, I have to email her to say thank you (I really don't want to, but I have to).

I need your help with what to write!!

What would you write? xx

***************************************************************************************************************

I shouldn't be angry, but I am.

My Auntie (my Dad's sister) lives in London - she was disowned by my Dad's parents for nursing her gay friend who had Aids. We always kept in touch with her & my Mum & Dad would have her down for weekends etc... During this time, my Dad's parents disowned my Dad along with us 3 kids. When my Mum & Dad divorced, my Grandparents got back in touch with my Dad (& had us 3 kids back in their life), during this time, my Dad rekindled my Auntie's relationship with their parents.

Because I stayed with my Mum, my Auntie never acknowledged me, no birthdays, Christmas etc, but DID for my 2 brothers (who lived with my Dad).

Anyway, none of that side of the family have been interested in me until I discovered I was pregnant that they start trying to be part of Evie's life (I say Evie's life, because I know it's not me they are interested in, they're very shallow and think people are so thick that they won't realise it's because there's a new baby on the way - which I feel insults my intelligence!!) :lol:

So, I've been bombarded with emails from my Auntie in London recently and said she wants to knit clothes for Evie - Now, hope I don't offend anyone, but knitted clothes really aren't my style!! Some are ok, but very few I actually like. My Auntie used to knit all the time and they're always horrible :puke:

She's sent some cardigans to me for Evie and they really are NOT something I'd put her in!! They're pretty vile TBH.

Anyway, I'm just more miffed at the fact everyone wants to suddenly see her and meet her and "catch up" etc (once Evie's born of course, they wouldn't invite me anywhere without the one person they REALLY want to meet, Evie).

:wall: :wall: :wall: I'm just angry!!! xx

:( Bloody families ay hun!
:hug: Dont do anything you don't want to do - you and Evie and those who truly care for you are whats important now.

Aww I know how you feel hun some of my family hardly bother to contact me and haven't exactly been all that suportive through my pregnancy but can guarentee everyone will want to visit and be all over me (well more baby) when the baby gets here and it makes me so mad they are close family and its not like we're not in touch but it really winds me up that me on my own isn't of enough interest to be worth the effort but that will all change when baby is here! :twisted: :evil:

Only do what your comfortable with hunny.

But yeah it is typical, its amazing what a new baby does

:hug: for the problems you are having.

Re: the knitted things - just say it was too warm when she born to wear them and then say she grew out of them.

:hug:

I know I'd be angry too! You've every right to feel hurt too.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Its either that... or be like my dads side of the family where 1 of his brothers hasnt contacted me once about the baby.
No card, no nothing...

We were never close....
But we talked occasionally so its a bit rude.

I would just say thank you, but not anything insincere like 'they're lovely' just say thanks for those, hope she's well, blah blah blah.

Family can be such hard work at times. can understand how you feel about the knitted clothes though, I hate knitted clothes and I think they can look a bit out of proportion and like they don't fit properly. Maybe just say something like:
"Thankyou for the clothes you knitted, it was really sweet of you, I'm sure Evie will love them. (obviously you will be lying through your teeth but she doesn't need to know that!)
Hope your keeping well, take care."
Short but sweet! :hug:

dannii87 said:

Now, I have to email her to say thank you (I really don't want to, but I have to).

What would you write? xx

Hi Auntie ******

Thanks very much for the cardigans, I don't like them but its the thought that counts I guess.

Oh their was something else...........oh yeah Fuck off.

Dannii

OR

Hi Auntie ******

Thanks very much for the cardigans, I will send you a few pictures of Evie wearing them when she arrives.

Dannii

jennywren said:
dannii87 said:

What would you write? xx

Hi Auntie ******

Thanks very much for the cardigans, I don't like them but its the thought that counts I guess.

Oh their was something else...........oh yeah f**k off.

Dannii

OR

Hi Auntie ******

Thanks very much for the cardigans, I will send you a few pictures of Evie wearing them when she arrives.

Dannii
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

That's so funny!! I WISH I could write that!!

I might say...

"Hi Dees (it's my Dad's name for her and I feel like a fraud calling her "Auntie" after everything that's happened)

Thank you very much for the cardigans. She has soooo many clothes now - More than me! I've bought her a bedroom set and I'm still struggling to find places to put everything!

Thanks again.

Hope you & Chris are well, take care xx"

How does that sound?! :think: xx

dannii87 said:
jennywren said:
dannii87 said:

What would you write? xx

Hi Auntie ******

Dannii

OR

Hi Auntie ******

Dannii

I might say...

"Hi Dees (it's my Dad's name for her and I feel like a fraud calling her "Auntie" after everything that's happened)

Thank you very much for the cardigans. She has soooo many clothes now - More than me! I've bought her a bedroom set and I'm still struggling to find places to put everything!

Thanks again.

That's fine - and also hints that she doesn't need anything more so hopefully won't invite more unwanted things!!

dannii87 said:
jennywren said:
dannii87 said:

What would you write? xx

Hi Auntie ******

Dannii

OR

Hi Auntie ******

Dannii

I might say...

Thanks again.

dannii that sounds great. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member