Im so scared :-(

Nikki Nakki Noo

Reaction score
I was off work today just generally feeling unwell tired headache sick dizzy and faint!!!
I went to the toilet late afternoon and when i wiped i noticed like a string of blood i straight away starting crying as you do and rang the doctor who said she cant really say either way whats happening and she would call to get me a scan!!!
She then rang back and guess what earliest appointment is BLOODY tuesday as everything is shut during the weekend i cannot belive i have to hold still til then not knowing whats happening!!
I havnt had anything since but am getting slight pains!! :(
My Mum thinks its where i have been straining as ive been soo constipated??
But i had my early scan on tuesday and everythung was fine and heart was beating like a gooden!!
Please Help with any Advice thoughts or comments welcome xx

Spotting and cramping can be really scary, and must be checked out. The good news is in almost all cases there is nothing sinister.

Constipation and wind can hurt like hell, which doesn't help matters !

Make sure you get *loads* of rest. You'll feel better for it.

I know it is an absolute nightmare having to wait - I was in a very similar situation over Christmas when it seemed like everything was closed down for the holidays. Try not to panic yourself ( easier said than done I know) but there is not much anyone can do in terms of a diagnosis until the sonography department is open.

The advice that I was given was to try and take things easy, and only to contact A&E if

You start to bleed heavily ( i.e soak through a pad in an hour),
Feel like you are going to faint ( not just a bit lightheaded - I mean actually about to hit the deck)
Have increased pain that doesn't get any better ( even if it is only *slightly* better) after 30 mins of taking Parecetamol

Also - did you know chocolate is a natural laxative ? If you think that the twinges may be caused by constipation, then its just another reason to crack open the dairy milk :)

HTH, take care and remember we are all here to support you.

XXX

Your stringy bit of blood sounds like a bit of old blood mixed with some muscus, and your mum could well be right, that as you have been straining, you could have expelled some of the old blood that can get stuck high up in the vagina. This is not uncommon during a womens monthy cycle either. The fact that you had a scan on Tuesday showing a very healthy heartbeat suggests that the baby has taken well and is nice and strong so please try not to worry too much.

Have you had any more bleeding?

SpaceAngel said:
Yo The fact that you had a scan on Tuesday showing a very healthy heartbeat suggests that the baby has taken well and is nice and strong so please try not to worry too much.

I was going to edit to say the same thing. A stong heartbeat is very reassuring.

I still recommend extra chocolate though.

Hey hun, I can't add anything practical to what everyone said, but just wanted to send my best wishes. Rest up and hope it works out as it shouldxxx

Hi hon, nothing else practical to add to the above but just wanted to wish you luck and say it does sound hopeful, especially 'cos of the heartbeat you've seen.

Was it just that one bit of blood or is it more frequent? If just the one then maybe don't strain too much on the loo in future?

BIG hugs as I know how scary this can be
xxxxxxxxxxx

First of all i want to say a BIG thankyou to all of you that replied with help,support and your kind words it is so much appreciated!!
I havnt had anymore blood or anything since i had that worm thing yesterday but i am constantly checking myself every five mins!!!!But i still do have some cramps which is a bit depressing but may i stress they are not painful just uncomftable at times and as you can imagine i am sressing panicking worrying and at times tearful!!! :(

One of you asked me to describe it so here goes sorry if this makes anyone feel ill:
It was bright red fresh blood like worm looking shape with stuff all around it that looked like clear snot then it had a like bogie yellow/green little ball thing on the end!!!Someone said it sounds like the plug which automatically scared me!!!

Any ideas anyone??xxxxx

It does sound like it could be your plug BUT you constantly make up new ones and can lose them all the time. I think I lost some of mine a good while back as I had 2 white lumps of goo in my knicks (for your information :) ) but nature makes it up again. And yes it soudns like the straining probably undid it a tad.

From what youve said personally i wouldnt be undully worried. (but i do know its a worry!)

Thankyou for that come back has really helped yes im still worrying but the pains arnt helping!!!As i say they arnt painful but i do know they are there!!!!
See the other thing that has got me thinking is when i had my scan they said they showed we the egg yolk sack that is very visible in my scan picture this is what the baby is feeding off but she said that will be coming away soon and that it will feed off my placenta so could it have been that coming away???

Know it sounds crap but the doctors are right - there really is nothing anyone can do at this point. Your best bet is just to rest up and try to relax (I know it's stupid to say but at least try).

What will be will be honey - we're all here for you whatever happens and I am praying for good news on Tuesday for you :hug:

cant really add much to what else has been said about taking it easy :hug:

eat lots of fruit/drink orange juice to help going to the toilet

with regards to the pain, at about 5/6 weeks i had awful pains, i was doubled in agony, at the time i didnt know i was pregnant, which is a good thing otherwise i think i'd have worried to death.

keep us updated :hug:

I think if you were going to miscarry you would have started to have more bleeding by now. It sounds like you have passed a bit of mucus and the blood in it could have come from a tiny ruptured vein from the straining you did, and your body makes new "plugs" all the time, the same as your baby makes amniotic fluid all the time. My waters went at 28 weeks but the baby kept replenishing the water and I lasted until they induced me at 38 weeks. The body is an amazing thing!

Really hope everything goes ok tomorrow hun. im sure you'll be ok xx

Goodluck for tmrw xxx have everything crossed for you :hug:

My thoughts are with you, I hope it goes okay tomorrow.

Thankyou all so much for your kind words support and help right now it is soooo much appreciated!!!
Im off to bed now as have such a early start in the morning as have to be there at 8am and its about 30 mins away!!!
I will post on here as soon as i can to let you all know whats happening tomoro but will probably be late evening but fingers crossed everythings fine as i have had nothing since!!!
One thing tho that you might be able to answer for me i have my 12 week scan booked for 3 wks time but a few people are saying i probably wont get that now is that right????

Night All Sweet Baby Dreams xxx

Good luck for tomorrow hun.
I can't answer your question about the scan, but will be thinking of you!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back