i'm really fucking annoyed now!!

winnie89

Reaction score
after being up at the crack of dawn today to go to work, (6.30AM start) i've had people whinging at me all day about everyone's hours, and then i see me rota for next week (bearing in mind i'm contracted for 35+ hours) and i have 17!!!! it's not on! i then get home and i try to discuss our money situation (OH only works part-time atm and is looking for a full time job) i say i don't want to go back to work and he says that i only got pregnant so i didnt have to work anymore, (complete and utter bull shit i want to work but not for a company who treats me like crap and doesn't respect me for what i put into the company) and i'm not pawning my child off to all my family members when i go back to work ( A- it's not fair on my little boy, not being with his parents, B- i'm not working for a shitty company that cuts my hours every week) the only way i will return to work is if i have a set rota and my hours dont change week in week out!

just really pissed off now and i wanna cry :cry:

Awww chin up hun, i felt the exact same for the company i worked for every bloody week they would change my hours and it really did my head in, cant you talk to them and tell them that you wont put up with it anymore?

i'm sick to the back teeth of talking to them, i've been with the company for nearly 4 years and every week my hours drop then they rise again and it's not good enough any more! just does my head in!

Oh dear! Hun I would have slapped my OH if he said that to me!!

Remind him it takes two to make a baby!! Phffttt!!
x

after being up at the crack of dawn today to go to work, (6.30AM start) i've had people whinging at me all day about everyone's hours, and then i see me rota for next week (bearing in mind i'm contracted for 35+ hours) and i have 17!!!! it's not on! i then get home and i try to discuss our money situation (OH only works part-time atm and is looking for a full time job) i say i don't want to go back to work and he says that i only got pregnant so i didnt have to work anymore, (complete and utter bull shit i want to work but not for a company who treats me like crap and doesn't respect me for what i put into the company) and i'm not pawning my child off to all my family members when i go back to work ( A- it's not fair on my little boy, not being with his parents, B- i'm not working for a shitty company that cuts my hours every week) the only way i will return to work is if i have a set rota and my hours dont change week in week out!

just really pissed off now and i wanna cry :cry:

Um, if your contract (which both you and the company signed) says 35 hours, then they must give you 35 hours - unless you both agree to lower them!! I'm in Retail Management and I'm not allowed to give anyone hours that fall below their contracted minimum.......

Know exactly how you feel as OH has had the same discussion with his boss today especially as he has been offered a job with a minimum pay every week but doing something more boring. I think its just baby finances that are making you more stressed but as the others have said, it isnt on. It also isnt fair at all for OH to say that to you but he probably just retaliated like that because of the stress he is under trying to find a full time job.

Try not to let it make you take it out on each other. Big hugs xxxxxxx

Thanks girls, I'm just worring all the time because when I go on maternity my wages drop and I need to know I'm going to be able to keep my house and supprt my baby, I've read a few stories on here about women in the same situation so I know it's not just me! Just really annoys me because I've been here for so long and you'd of thought the company would put it's full time staff first but it doesn't

Have you got a union or hr department you can speak to about your concerns? Really hope things get sorted Hun.xx

FairyKate & Lulebell seem to be heading the right advice direction here - go speak to someone about it and try to pin your company down to doing what they agreed to do when they signed your contract.
Out of interest, did they only start messing with your hours when you became pregnant?

Can't belive your OH said that!
I said to hubby i would go back to work after a year and he said that he doesn't want me to leave the baby with daycareand we couldn't afford it anyway... I think he secretly likes the idea of a housewife lol...
I would go and see someone within your company and explain you need full time work and you can't afford to be on 17 hours a week. If you signed a contract they can't cut your hours without your agreement, I would ask for a copy of your contract and look what it says xx

Um, if your contract (which both you and the company signed) says 35 hours, then they must give you 35 hours - unless you both agree to lower them!! I'm in Retail Management and I'm not allowed to give anyone hours that fall below their contracted minimum.......

I was in retail management too as a relief manager, if they didn't have shops for me to go to they still had to pay me for my contracted hours. Get your contract looked at by someone in the know hunny xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back