Nightmare week!

Nonabean

Reaction score
I work nights, and I've got a funny rota, so last Saturday was my only night off last week. One night off means I try to stay up then sleep during the day instead so I'm alright for work on a Sunday.

Only thing is, my OH ended up in A&E, having a gallstone attack. I've never seen him so poorly. =( It was awful. He got transferred from the hospital 15 minutes from my house after 7 hours, to the bigger hospital an hour away.
I had to make my own way there, and it was about 12 hours later I got home.
I was so exhausted I had to take the night off work, but it was unpaid.

I was up early Monday, to phone the hospital about OH, to find out he was scheduled for an operation to remove his gall bladder, and to wait on the guys from the Pram Centre coming to uplift my faulty cot. (Just pleased I built it up before Bean arrived.)
In for two visits on Monday 3 - 4 and 6.30 - 8, with no time to come home inbetween (it's a three hour journey on the bus!) and then straight to work.

Pretty much the same again on Tuesday, although he'd had his operation on Tuesday morning before I went to visit.

By this point I was completely exhausted, however he got home on Wednesday, and that was even harder!! Poor boy couldn't even get out of bed to go for a wee.

I got sent home from work Wednesday night because I was vomiting. Luckily it was paid this time!

Needless to say, it's been a fairly difficult week. But bless my OH, he took me out for tea tonight for our anniversary! And we bought Bean's first books, too!!

Sounds like a nightmare, hope he's feeling better and you have got some rest x

Bless You. It sounds like you have had a bad time. Hope things are starting to get better now :hug:

Thanks guys, he's still sore. Lots of running about - although I suppose that's good practice! Hopefully next time we're in hospital it'll be because baby Bean is here. :D

Fingers crossed fir a quick recovery. What a nightmare!!!! Xxx

I'm pretty sure if I wasn't pregnant he'd be milking it!! He does when he's got man flu.....

SleepySue! You're due on my birthday! Awww ^_^

Oh no, you poor thing. Hope OH is feeling better now and things are less stressful xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back