I'm really down

andreaaa

Reaction score
I haven't (nor wouldn't) weigh myself but I have put on so much weight with this baby - and I'm only 14 weeks :(

I wouldn't mind so much if it was just my bump - but I've put weight on EVERYWHERE! Especially my bum and my legs. It's getting me down to the point where I honestly feel depressed. Not only that, I'm getting married in a week and when I went for a fitting for my dress I looked like huge.

It's got to the point where I don't want to go out incase I see someone I know, and when I did go out to town yesterday I felt like everyone was pointing and laughing at me.

I was curvy before I got pregnant but I feel such a mess now - aren't I supposed to feel great? All I do atm is cry, every day without fail.

What's wrong with me? :cry:

Would you be ok talking about it to your GP? From what you've said it sounds like you might be getting a bit depressed and that might have a part to play in putting weight on. I know that some AD's can be a no no while pregnant but they aren't the only answer or thing that can help.

If you feel like you can talk openly to your doc I reckon they would be best to help you manage what you're feeling and gice you the best advice re weight gain etc.

Look after yourself and try to avoid getting too far into an emotional rutt, weddings are so stressful but they work out on the day.

Hey Andreaa,

I'm sorry you are feeling down. You know what you are beautiful, plus you have an amazing little person growin ginside you, but when you feel shit, especially the way we get emotionally low with pregnancy it is so hard to see that. Give yourself a good pamper, a, hot bath and some you time. You know what if you don't feel like going out that is totally cool. Everyone I know, put on weight when they were pregnant but they all looked amazing with it, even though they all complained and felt a little alien to themselves. Its frankly a little wierd sometimes when pregnant people don't change size, it's all part of the process.

I hope you have a better day soon and many more after that, I only just started feeling good this week and have gone from feeling really run down to really positive.

Take care hon :hug: :hug:

Awww :hug: :hug: :hug:

I had a good moan at my MW this morning about my weight gain. Like you I am putting on weight everywhere, including bump, which she tells me is the correct size etc for 19 weeks. My backside and hips are now huge and I've gone from a size 14-16 trousers to a size 20!!!! I can get into 18 waist wise but my ass is so huge they cling like clingfilm :roll: :wall: :lol:

She explained about low self esteem during pregnancy and how it can affect women. She also explained that while not eating for two, just eating normally can put weight on as hormones play their part in pregnancy and can cause this. She said that trying to battle weight gain in pregnancy was usually a losing thing and while it might be hard, don't punish myself too much about it but to enjoy the pregnancy as much as possible and look to losing andy excess weight once baby was born. She said to pamper myself from time to time, dress up, get hubby to take me out and make me feel a bit special, which bless him he does often and without prompting anyways, but I know what she meant. Its good to have other people tell you you are doing ok and look good as you can't see it for yourself.

She said I could see a dietician but that if I was eating sensibly then there was not really much else to be done. Moderate steady exercise was also good and so long as BP etc remains normal and there are no other problems with the pregnancy then it would be fine.

I do hope your feeling down about it passes soon. I am really there with you on this and have so many moments or days where I feel like a blob, but really, this little person growing inside me is worth it. I can workout like hell once s/he is here and lose the weight safely then. Hopefully you can do the same.

And relax about the dress. You'll look beautiful and your hubby to be isn't marrying you for that one day, but because he's loved you before then and will after and he will understand how you feel if you tell him.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Awww thanks everyone for the replies and the hugs :) You're all lovely

I am going to make an appointment at the doctors tomorrow because I've never felt this low before, and I think it may get worse unless I do something about it.

It's not just my weight... everything is getting on top of me. Especially thinking about my Dad who died 3 years ago and I can't seem to let go :(

Sorry to moan but I don't really get to let it out much. My OH knows I'm having a rough time and he's really supportive but somehow it's just not enough

Thanks for all your kind thoughts

On a good note I felt my baby move lots and lots today - the most ever because it's been almost unnoticeable before today. I think he's trying to cheer me up :)

:hug:

Aw - well done baby for cheering you up :cheer:

Hope you feel better soon. I have certainly felt the loss of my mum much more since I've been pregnant and so I really understand where you're coming from about your dad. I hope it all gets easier for you soon.

Good luck at the doctors :hug:

YAY for bub cheering you up!! :cheer: :cheer:

I think you're doing the right thing going to the docs - it really is going to pay off looking after yourself well.

:hug: big cuddles, i fink goin 2 the docs is a gud move, ive suffered from depression in the past and just getting 2 the docs is a massive step, just talking 2 him will make u feel better im sure

let us no how u get on :hug:

Never underestimate the power of raging pregnancy hormones to make you feel like crap :evil: I'm sorry you are feeling so low and totally understand how frustrated you must feel about gaining weight when you have been eating sensibly. It just seems so unfair. Hormones will make you feel rubbish just as you get ready to have a period, so the hormone surge we get when we are pregnant can make us feel even worse. I think you have done the right thing arranging an appointment with your doctor- it will help you to unburden yourself a little and will inform you of your options. Good luck and feel better xxx :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am sorry you are feeling so low :hug: :hug: It is all to easy to sit and wallow when we feel sad, but you are being very proactive and going to see your doc, that is excellent! I hope he/she can reassure you and help you. Hormones are powerful chemicals and they can really add to any doubts we have about self image and weight. Try not to be too hard on yourself, I bet your parnter loves you very much and thinks you are beautiful! :hug: :hug: :hug:

sending you lots of these :hug: :hug: :hug:

it seems you have SO much on your plate right now hun so its incredibly normal to feel down. As for the weight thing, like my Mum says.... Im having some time out from being sexy and for now Im a nest for my little chick Im going to hatch :rotfl: She's right too, everytime I look in the mirror at my bulging bits I remind myself of that.

Good luck at the docs babe

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back