I'm not sure if this is the right place but...

lilacdoll

Reaction score
I think I have Postpartum depression. I just had a baby last month and I'm on my maternal leave. But, lately, I've been feeling down, have no appetite, and just want to lie down. What's worse is that sometimes I don't feel like taking care of my baby at all then I feel so guilty afterwards. Currently, my husband doesn't know that I'm having these thoughts since he has work. Should I tell him and seek help?

Please talk to your husband and family and seek help from medical professionals as soon as you can. It is actually one if the strongest things you can do, and it is definitely ok not to be ok xx

Postpartum depression normally takes at least 2 weeks or a bit longer. How long have you been in this situation? Your OB may be the first person to tell if you have postpartum depression. It's really important to have a medical check 3 to 6 weeks after you gave birth. If you're really having a hard time, maybe it's time for you to seek a professional help. Try to read also more about postpartum depression, you may be able to get some helpful tips that could help you go through with your situation.

Hi lilac doll. Absolutely speak to your husband. When will you next see your health visitor? Have a chat with her too. I know these feelings are scary but try not to feel guilty, you're doing your absolute best in a hard situation. Like Kaypee says seeking help is one of the strongest and bravest things you can do x

Thank y'all for your support. I appreciate your help a lot. We went to my oby last weekend and I opened up about my depression. My doctor suggested us to do a couples counseling. My husband and I are kind of hesitant because we already have so much going on especially in our expenses. Good thing that our oby showed us this https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/relations/how-much-does-couple-counseling-cost/. It kind of made us more confident that we do really need counseling. I hope I can pull through this phase for my husband and baby.

Sorry LD I didn't realise you were from the US so my health visitor advice probably made no sense!? Definitely hear you on the finances but your mental health is a priority. Interesting they suggested counselling for the both of you rather than just you initially? Anyway I hope it helps x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back