I'm moving house before the baby is born!!!!

Good luck tankett! You can always move on. You are right once you are in the house it doesn't matter. You may have lovely neighbours. I grew up on a council estate and there was a real sense of community :D

good luck with you move etc :hug:

we should be moving as well soon :cheer: im going to miss not being online

Tankett im so pleased you have been given somewhere, even if it is temporary!!!!!

It has given me hope, enjoy your new home :hug:

I hardly slept last night cause I'm worried they'll change their minds and give us a 1 bedroom flat in a hostel instead! I know there's no point worrying as there's nothing I can do until 9.30, but I can't help it. The longest hour and half ever is coming up.

Well, it's been a horrid day so far.

I went to the council this morning, and they offered me either the 4 bed house on the horrible estate, or a 2 bed private house (non-council) in a nicer area. The 4 bed house is only £60 rent a week, and the 2 bed is £147 a week. As I'm going to be on SMP in 2 weeks, I opted for the 4 bed. It is only temporary and shouldn't be any longer than 6 months before they move us permanent. So, I arranged to meet the council bloke at the house at 4pm to sign everything with DH, and to get the keys. I rang DH, and everything is sorted - or so I thought! :roll:

DH has a friend who works in the housing needs section of the council, but not for this area, so he can't be seen to be doing anything to help us, or even admit he knows us. Well, he saw our names being written against the 4 bed house, and has rang DH to tell him not to take it! Apparantly, the police are there every night, you can hear guns going off all night, you can't get house insurance in that area, and the last family that were there were hounding out by the local hoodlums and she was 8 months pregnant! :shock:

So I've rang them back and told a white lie so this guy doesn't get in trouble. I told them that DH drove up there in his lunch break to see what the area was like, and was immediately harrassed by some local lads, and when he told them he was moving to the house, they started throwing stones at both him and his car. I've told the council that he rang me and said there is no way he is letting his wife be at home all day with a baby in an area like that. The woman I dealt with this morning is on lunch, so she will be ringing me back shortly. So looks like we're going to end up in the 2 bed house, but being completely skint for the next few months. :roll:

But at least we'll all be safe. It scared me so much when DH told me what his mate had said, that when I did actually ring the council, I burst into tears!!! :oops: Pregnancy hormones! :shock:

So, we still don't know if we are moving this weekend or not!

OMG Tankett, sounds like you have had a lucky escape with that one. It would be awful to feel like you were not safe in your own home. The financial side of things would be a worry, but nothing compared to being frightened about opening the front door and letting Kayleigh out on her own. Keep us updated about the next developments - the two bed is not ideal, but ok whilst LO is small and then they would have to look at putting you somewhere with a bit more space....use DH contacts.

Well, we've had one hell of an afternoon!! But, we've now got keys!!!! :dance:

The housing woman looked up SPD on t'internet after I had left this morning, and found a site which some women with this condition have ended up in wheelchairs and not being able to go back to work. So she has basically treated me now as a disabled person!! :shock: Not quite sure how I feel about that!! :rotfl: Anyway, she's managed to get us a 2 bed ground floor flat in a lovely village called Anstey, which is a 5 min drive from where we currently are! And Kayleigh can get a free bus to school! It's primarily for old people, so has a warden, a communal entrance, emergency pullcords in every room, and an adapted shower! It's a shower the size of a bath with a chair in it!!!!! :rotfl:

It's definitely not ideal and it is small, but it is only £52 per week and is for a maximum of 6 months. We can cope with that. And it has just been completely magnolia'd by the council so doesn't need decorating.

So we're now trying to sort everything out - not easy with it being bank holiday! We've got no electric connected yet, and worse than that, no phone line so no broadband!! So, I've said to DH that we'll move everything in that we can but still sleep here until we have the gas/electric connected. Then he can move the rest in while I'm in hospital.

So, all's well here, although I am now a disabled person living in an old persons warden controlled flat!!!!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

ah bless classed as disabled! but at least it got you something away from Beirut. :)

I wish you good luck for the move, and you make sure you just supervise and boss DH around, no lifting ANYTHING for you!!! hehe

Happy you have got something sorted, even if it means you're classed as disabled hehe, do you get a disabled parking ticket now too then? :D

Hope the move goes well for you and looking forward to seeing pics of L/O!! :D

That's much better! I have a stool in my shower so I can shave my legs, you'll be glad of that chair :lol:

Just think you'll have grannys on tap! Lots of old ladies fussing over your new baby and knitting booties :lol:

Tankett!!! What a nightmare, I'm glad you got the old folks flat with chill out shower :lol: . I thought I had it bad with my move, but I definately won't be whinging any more, think your nuts but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do, and like everyone else has already take it easy - I know I was naughty lifting stuff I should not have been, I hate feeling useless! But you should definately stay clear of lifting anything other than cups of tea and hobnobs!! :wink:
Hopoe it all goes smooth and look forward to hearing about the move - bloody hell you are cutting it soooo fine! Take care love! :hug:

God the other house sounds terrible! Glad yo got a place sorted, even if you are 'disabled' now :wink: :lol:

Hi all,

I have received an email update today from Tankett.

shes asked me to let you know that she is still here, as big as ever. She is hoping to move into the new flat today, she has said that the flat is ok and not as bad as first thought. Its quite and out of the way enough, but is only 2 mins walk away from the local shops so she can at least get to them when she cant drive.

Once she has moved in she wont have any interent access for possibly the next 20 days!! so she will update you all properly as soon as she can. If she texts me in the time being I will let you all know how she is.

oh no!!! We've lost Tankett just before her due date!!!!! That sucks, MrsG when next you speak to her send her our love and hope all go well this week, I'll be thinking of her as I'm sure we all will. Glad to hear all has gone well on the house front, now we'll have to wait in anticipation about news on the baby front! GOOD LUCK Tankett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi MrsG tell her i hope the move goes ok and hope she gets loads of rest before her baby comes :hug:

Thinking of u Tankett

I will pass on all of your messages.

Her DH has been given instructions to let me know about the arrival of their LO ASAP, so as soon as I know I will post on here and let you all know.

OMG Tankett - only just read all this!! - hope the move went well am thinking of you for this Thursday!!!! - so exciting!

My best mate lives in Anstey - so you never know - might see you around there!

Hope all going really well - keep in touch

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back