I'm in serious need of advice :(

Missylouise

Reaction score
Hi all I've just found out I'm pregnant after a miscarriage In October my last period was 31/10/11 until 4/11/11.
Going on my dates I'm due 6th aug 2012 BUT here's the problem I broke up with the guy I was going to marry next year, 3 months ago we haven't stopped sleeping together since though and the baby I lost was his. I had a drunk one night stand on 12th nov I made the guy wear a condom but he slipped it off and I realised two mins later he def didn't 'Finish' as one he was too drunk he said and two I wasn't going to let him after that.
Now on 14th me and my ex slept together he def did finish a whole lot and so on the 16th I went and took the morning after pill. I slept with him on the 26th and 30th unprotected also. I missed my period that was on the 29th nov and took pos test on the 1st dec.
I'm really sure this baby is my exs and next tues I'm having a scan due will the dates put my mind at rest? The guy I had a one night stand with has said he doesn't think there's a chance it's his. Can anyone help I'm confussed I don't Want my ex to know about the one night mistake as I know he will hate me for it but after it happened I cryed so much regretting it me and ex are getting on great I don't want to ruin things :(

Last edited:
the scan should help you estimate hun. But the only peace of mind would be a DNA once baby is born x

I hope you get the answer you want, does sound likely your ex is daddy though x

I agree with Misscrazycookie.... the dates will help you but the DNA test is the only way to be sure hun.

Good luck xx

Because they were only two days apart I'm afraid the scan isn't accurate enough to tell you anything (sperm can survive several days so fertilisation doesn't always happen as soon as you have sex - you may ovulate a few days after unprotected sex and still conceive). While it sounds unlikely to be the other guy's a scan isn't going to show you either way x

It does sound highly unlikely to be the other guys is it really silly of me to rule him out?? I used the withdrawal method for months with my ex so to me it seems silly that two mins before I noticed he'd taken the condom off could of made me pregnant?? My conception date based on LMP is nov 14th xx

A mans pre-cum can get you pregnant, so although it most probably is your ex's - there's always that chance that it isn't.

You will need to get a DNA test done hun.

X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Withdrawal doesn't work sorry hun, precum can do it, lil buffers! But you took morning after pill after the ex, and maybe 29th was too close to period. I'm nor sure! You will need DNA I guess. Hope everything works out for you x

Me and oh used rythem method ...one day on his birthday to be exact we got a bit hormy and started and i mean he entered me for a split second and it flashed in my mind we were close to having to use contraception ..i told him he pulled out and put something on... he was inside me for about 30 seconds .....and bump was made in those 30 secs.

In honesty i have this issue with one of my babys and though he looks like my ex there is always that tiny doubt in my mind.. i would love a dna but ex refuses and says son is his

Thanks for your relplies I guess DNA test is only way to be 100%. As far as I'm concerned it's my exs as 2 mins seems too stupid only think that played on my mind was a clearblue test that 3 weeks to the day of one night mistake said I was 3+ weeks preg when for ex it would be 2-3 surely weeks not sure how reliable that is xx

If your conception based on LMP is 14th November then you can't rule out someone you slept with two days before. A couple of days before you ovulate is perfect when you're trying to conceive - and as others have said the withdrawal method is not particularly effective x

babe you will torture yourself with these thoughts on and off for ever ...my little one is 8 now and every so often it pops into my head ....

Hi :wave:

Agree with the others. The scan might help, but DNA is going to be the only way as the times are too close together. And a guy doesn't need to come to make you pregnant either as 'stuff' comes out of them throughout sex so, even though the chances are slimmer it can still happen!

Wish you all the best hun xxx

My clear blue said 3+ confirming my dates I was sure of, but got put back two weeks at scan, so can't really rely on that, but was only 2 days apart

Can't believe this has happened after I made the guy wear protection he slipped it off for two mins I pray I wasn't that unlucky that there was pre cum in those to mins :( x

Also you will need to get yourself checked for sti's too :( You don't want to have passed anything on to your ex or put baby at risk x

Thankfully the guy had sti tests week or so after and his results have came back clean that's one less thing to worry about :)

When you have your pregnancy blood tests they will probably test you for STIs and if I was you I would ask them to make sure that they do just to be sure. I agree with the other ladies, you will need to do a DNA test. I would be honest with your ex from the start and let him know there is a slight possiblity it is not his baby. Good luck. xxx

I'm dreading it angry copper on my back lOl he may very well actually kill me. Were going for a private scan next tues and they screen for stis so that will be sorted. :)

Your oh is a copper? Where to? Mine is too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back