Im having friends round for dinner UPDATE it went well :-)

Geordie&Bairn

Reaction score
Ive got to of my friens and thier baby Sons coming round in the next few hours :D
i spent hours tidying and moving the coffee table ect into the bedroom to give us more room to move
then placed all Colliers toys and playmats on the floor ready for them coming
im making spag boll with salad and garlic bread and come yummy choccie biccies for afterwards :D

Ive NEVER had friends round before one i never really had any to ask (cue violins) :lol:
and i dont live in a house and to be honest im a bit embarrased to let people see where i live :oops:

But these 2 gilrs have become good friends and ive been round to thier houses quite a few times now :D
So i feel i must return the favour
ive warned them of where i ive but both said they dont mind and not to worry :) :hug:

im still worying :oops:
one cooking for them ahhhhhhhhhhhhh scary :eek:
and them seeing where i live they live in lovely houses and seem to have more money (well eveyone has more money then me :lol: )

But as i said both are lovely girls 8) and im sure they will not judge me the place in clean and tidy and looks ok its just not a house
ok wish me luck as im bricking it at the moment

pray i :pray: t gose ok

Aww, i hope you have a fab time! Enjoy it!

I don't entertain, for the same reasons! Embarrassed by where i live. We had a couple and their tiny baby round the other day, and there's boxes everywhere. Can't wait til i've moved and i have things perfect.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Good luck, but you won't need it. It's the company and not the location that matters! i'm sure they will just love coming round and seeing you and Collier :)

Enjoy yourself! And your food sounds yummy, you're going to have to cook for me sometime :p

have a lovely time, hugs from me and slobbery kisses from Faith to Collier xxx

im sure you will have a fab time,and theyre coming to see you and collier not your house!you will dazzle them with yummy food and fab company and afterwards you will wonder why you were so worried. :D

Good luck! You will be fine x

If they are friends worth keeping - where you live won't matter to them :)

Kim x x x

You'll be fine hun.

Dinner sounds fab by the way, alot more interesting than my measly crumpets :lol:

Enjoy xx

I know what you mean all my friends seem to live in lovely houses that they own yet i live on the 5th floor of a high rise in a council flat, i dont really like anybody comming round for the same reasons i get embarassed as i never seem to have any money and they do, it really annoys me, but if they are your true friends they wont care what your flat looks like like you said its clean and tidy and your cooking them yummy food.

Hope it goes well and try to be as normal as possible and just relax. :hug: :hug:

Awww hun you'll be just fine.
Let us no how much fun you had afterwards.

Any spag bol going spare, sounds yummmy :)

helsekia said:
im sure you will have a fab time,and theyre coming to see you and collier not your house!you will dazzle them with yummy food and fab company and afterwards you will wonder why you were so worried. :D

I was gonna say the same! Don't worry about anything else! :hug:

I'm always embarrassed about our falling to bits house but hey, it's home :D

I hope you all have a brilliant time :dance: :cheer:

Have a fab time! and you are so nice and great company the lunch will be a roaring success!

hold your head up hight and enjoy the day. I'm sure you'll be a perfect hostess and have a great time

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Ooooh im excited for you, i bet you'll make a fab hostess! :D xx

I'm sure you will have a fab time hun. Like others have said, they are coming to see you and Collier and enjoy your company not inspect where you live :D Hope the spag bol goes down well, send any leftovers my way please :wink: :hug: :hug:

wee heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :dance: :dance: :dance:
It went really really well they loved the meal and kept complimenting me on my cooking and ate the lot :eek: :dance:
They stayed for 4 hours and we sat and chatted while the boys played on the floor Ill post some piccies of the boys later in adults
And a piccie of the meal in hobbies im feeling quite proud of it they asked me what i used to make it and said they wanted to try to make it themsleves

Aso they were not fazed in the slightest by where i live i could tell they felt comfortable and happy. We had a laugh and a moan about motherhood and talked about are night out tommorow :cheer: having a girly chat about dresses make up and shoes :D

They seemed to really enjoy the evening and so did i
im a bit whoo hoo at the moment feeling happy :D :D :D :D :D :D

helsekia
Post subject: Re: Im having friends round for dinner bit scared!!!

im sure you will have a fab time,and theyre coming to see you and collier not your house!you will dazzle them with yummy food and fab company and afterwards you will wonder why you were so worried.

see told ya :D :rotfl: :D

im really pleased it went so well,i bet it was great to have a girly afternoon.food sounds fab did you save me any cake?

Aww go you!!! It sounds like you had a great time! I remember feeling the same when I had my NCT friends over for the first time (they all have much bigger/trendier houses), but real friends don't care. Now I invite people all the time and don't worry - in fact, if you're up in the North East over Chrimbo, you'll have to come over and have some lunch! :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back