i'm getting really scared about labour! :(

neeko_1

Reaction score
as it's getting closer... 8 weeks on Tuesday i'm fooking pooing my pants :?

i'm so scared of the whole thing now... i feel that i won't be able to handle the pains, pushing everything that play a big role in birthing :? :?

my partner and mum will be there... which i'm really happy about it's just that mum said she'll probably end up crying, which is just what i need

and my hubby well he doesn't even like it when i cry, so you know

i need strong people not weeping people there- do you know what i mean :)

oh gosh there is only one way out of this :roll: i just pray it's a quick PAIN FREE labour :pray: :pray: :pray:

how are all you other ladies feeling about the whole thing??
are you pooing your self too

i felt like this near the end of my pregnancy
then i went 2 weeks over my due date so wasnt really bothered about the pain or anything,
when u actually go into labour ull forget about being scared as there is too much else to concentrate on

TIP: concentrate on the pain and it will get worse, focus on seeing your beautiful baby and it wont hurt as bad! Honest!
Its only one day and after its all over you'll have your baby girl the rest of your life! :D Its the best feeling in the world being handed your child for the first time, nothing can compare!
Plus theres always the epidural :wink:
You'll be fine hun! :hug:

im not too bad at the moment. i had a week or so in 2nd tri when i was quite worried. but now i really want to meet my little one, and however bad it is going to be, it will be worth it. :)

there are drugs available if you need them, so dont worry too much about the pain :)

i hope when the time comes, that your mom and hubby will keep strong for you :hug:

Jayceesmumma said:
Plus theres always the epidural :wink:

:rotfl: that was gonna be my reply :rotfl:

Hun, I was exactly the same before it all happened for me.......I have to say though you forget the fear once it all starts happening (its like a rollercoaster - once its started there's no getting off until the finish) - but it is natures way and your body has a coping mechanism that kicks in. I won't kid you it is painful, and it is a pain like no other - but once you have your baby in your arms, you realise that you can't remember the pain!!

I had no pain releif until I was 6cm (around 6 hours in) and I was struggling, but I concentrated on holding L in my arms, and it got me through - then I had the epidural (heaven :angel: ) and was able to rest for a few hours before the pushing started - then to hold her - I would do it again a million times over for her :hug: :hug:

oh wow i can't quite believe I'll be there soon and because my auntie just gave birth it's a bit of a right kicking that i'm next :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

but I'll make you all pound girls :pray: :wink:

Dont worry... your body takes over! I agree with focusing on the arrival of your gorgeous baby rather than the pain!!

My hubby didnt even want to be with me at labour as he HATES the sight of blood... but he shocked me and was there from start to finish... he even cut the cord.

When it happens everything just falls into place.

You'll do grand!! :hug:

SarahH said:
My hubby didnt even want to be with me at labour as he HATES the sight of blood... but he shocked me and was there from start to finish... he even cut the cord.
:

My OH is like that too, but afterwards he wanted to cut the cord which shocked me! (couldnt coz it was round her neck, but her would have!)

Jayceesmumma said:
SarahH said:
:

My OH is like that too, but afterwards he wanted to cut the cord which shocked me! (couldnt coz it was round her neck, but her would have!)

Honestly my hubby feels sick watching Holby City!! But he was fantastic on the day and I was so glad he was with me

C said he was going to be staying well clear of the business end.....but in actual fact he ended up watching the whole thing!!! He said it was the most magical experience seeing his daughter come into the world and wasn't squeamish about it like he thought it would be, he cut the cord too :cheer:

my OH actually surprised me, he normally faints at the sight of blood but when i had my c section he was very good at lookin at Jamie bein lifted out and me bein sewn up!!

Emmylou said:
C said he was going to be staying well clear of the business end.....but in actual fact he ended up watching the whole thing!!! He said it was the most magical experience seeing his daughter come into the world and wasn't squeamish about it like he thought it would be, he cut the cord too :cheer:
Same with mine! i thought it would put him off me :oops: but it didnt!
He was actually quite amazing thru it! He got told of for having a puff on the gas n air tho lol!
He hates any blood or even scary films! But he was by my side and very brave! He did have to sit down a few times to take it all in tho bless but my mum was there as a back up for him lol! ohhh memories of that day! Getting all weepy and wanting baby girl to come now!!!

I thought the same - that it would put him off me - but he said it was just too amazing - not gross or anything - so like you, I think we'll be able to reproduce again!! :D

owww i wonder how my hubby wil be????

i hope he'll be okay :pray:

i should get mum to take pics of his face :lol:

:rotfl: :rotfl: Yeah definitly get one if his face for us!!! get them in stages, like 'on the way to the hospital', 'first bones in hand being broken thru contractions', 'first look of baby being born', and 'daddys first cuddle!'

It had no negative affect on our personal life at all em, i was so shocked!! :shock:

yeh that's a good idea.... i could never image the look in his face :lol:

but i should remember to take pics.....

I'm starting to get very nervous about labour too. I've started getting a really rock hard tummy when I am upright and I am scared that I won't be able to cope with the pain. I think its normal to be frightened though.

Yeah perfectly normal.

Tough though, what goes up must come down. Its not like you have a real choice in the matter!

I'm not scared about labour at all yet. :shock:

I'm am not scared about the labour, more that we will be ok at the end of it.
In fact i am quite looking forward to it, maybe i am sadistic or something :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back