I'm freaking out :'(

Krystal

Reaction score
Oh i'm freaking out a bit.

For the past 4 weeks I have had a bad cough, it started when I had the flu and it did start clearing up but not completely then on Saturday I got a bit of cold from sleeping in the hospital room with 1 sheet. It's a really aggrivating cough. On top of that I have constant back pain, it's in the top half of my back, imagine where your lungs are, that's where the pain is at the back. I've had it a while but put it down to my ulcer as this sometimes gives me this feeling but my cramps in my tummy that I get with my ulcer has disappeared. Also for the past 4 weeks i've had a horrible feeling like I constantly have something in my throat and need to keep swallowing.

I did the worst thing ever :cry: I googled my symptoms. It came up about lung cancer. (This is what my mam died of) Now i'm terrified, I don't want to go to the doctors in case it is.

Please calm me down and tell me it's nothing. :cry: OH went mad at me for googling it so I daren't talk to him

I also want to tell you off for googling but I completely understand (its always my first thought).

It sounds like a bad chest infection, and you have pulled something through coughing (my friend once broke a rib through coughing so much). When you had flu your immuine system would have been shot, so an infection would have easily gotten hold.

Go to the Dr, I am doing a cyber hand hold when you go :hug:

Aw SC, I totally understand why you're so worried, I'm sure its nothing but please go to the docs to put your mind at rest.

Valentine Xxx

I would tell you off for googling but i can't because i do the same thing all the time. Recently i googled a bunch of symptoms i had and it came up with diabetes and as it runs in the family i am having a blood test on monday (even though i bet its nothing, just makes me feel better!!), so i understand how worried you must be :hug:

Get yourself to the docs and put your mind at rest :hug:

googling is the worst thing you can do, but you know that! :hug: I have this spot on my leg that won't go, I googled and was convinced I had skin cancer. A quick visit to the Dr put my mind at rest, she also told me off for googling!

Totally agree with beanie, also the feeling in your throat is more than likely a phlegm build up while your lungs are dealing with the infection/clearing out. Go to the Dr hun if only for some reassurance. If you do have a chest infection you will need some antibiotics.

........just to add, Dan had a chest infection just before Christmas. Since it started he has had really high temps, coughs, earache and tonsillitis, all originating from the original infection. I was told he had a viral infection that has taken 6/8 weeks to clear. I know hes a toddler but if you get a real nasty infection it can take a while to clear up esp if you haven't had any treatment.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks girls :hug: I just had a chat with OH and he has put my mind at rest as well as your posts but I am definitely going to the doctor's tomorrow. I am stupid and I smoke.. 10 a day. I have tried to quite a few times, using tablets and things but I still carry on 10 a day. I am so annoyed with myself. I have just thrown my cigarettes away. No more. I can't bare the though of leaving my baby boy this early. It has really given me a fright. I hope the doctors say it's just an infection :pray: :hug:

Google is evil sometimes.

For your own piece of min you need to go to the Dr's hun. With your family history the doctor will understand why you are worried and should do everything they can to reassure you. Beanie is likely to be right though, having a prolonged cough can really cause you pain. I once broke a rib coughing and it felt like someone was sat on my chest for about three weeks. Did you manage to stop smoking? Just giving up the fags can make you more susceptible to chest infections to start with, sometimes the pain from one can be really terrible.

:hug: I'm sure you will be fine but please go and talk to your Doctor rather than just worrying about it. Think of it this way even if it is the worst possible thing you can think of then you need to deal with it now because you have that beautiful boy to think of.

Thanks for the PM :hug:

Melanie; I didn't stop :oops: I came off the champix as I felt really depressed on them and went downhill quickly... however I have stopped as of NOW. I keep thinking of my baby boy and there is no way I want to increase my chances of leaving him early. I am a non smoker and I am determined never to smoke again :talkhand: :hug:

Hiya hun,

Glad you made an appointment to put your mind at rest. Googling is a nightmare.. i made that mistake when i got pregnant with ollie (pregnancy with crohns wasnt very positive).

Excellent news that you are officially a non smoker now.. keep it up!!

Claire xx

It's definately worth going to the doctors, it might just be a chest infrection that needs some antibiotics.
I've never heard of anyone getting lung cancer young so I'm sure it'll be ok :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

aww babe, ur naughty for googling- everyone knows thats bad and scarey! i'm sure its nothing serious, but good luck at the docs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: xx

I am a self confessed hypochondriac so I won't tell you off for googling. I do it constantly... but I had something like that just before christmas.

Turned out to be glandular fever that also opened the door for a really bad chest infection. It was horrible, but I got some anti-biotics and it cleared up after a while.

Hope you feel better soon!

Katie

xx

:hug: Thanks girls. I didn't book an appointment :oops: Been out all day with my friend and tbh I was worried about going. OH has told me off though so I will be booking one tomorrow morning. It's reassuring my symptoms sound the same as other less serious problems. :pray: I am hoping it will be that :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back